NewToSigns

Which Printer

I am looking at getting a printer that can print on most everything(coroplast, plastic, aluminum, Banners, Vinyl,.....) write now price wise I want to stay on the smaller side. I get alot of requests for "decals" and printed banners. I dont see on the uscutters website anything smaller, what kind of printer would I use and what kind of ink? Any info would be awesome!

Thanks

Jason

Guest fivestar

If you're wanting to print on the stuff you listed you're going to need a flatbed printer.  You can get a "regular" solvent printer and print on to vinyl and apply it to coroplast, aluminum and print directly on to banners and vinyl.

Guest fivestar

I wish I could afford Fivestars printer DROOLLLLL

You can.......Mine is a cheapie one.  :huh:

You can.......Mine is a cheapie one.  :(

some how some where i must have gotten busy and missed the whole event of you getting a printer.  Care to fill me in?

Heres my outlook on printers.  Until my business gets big enough to need one i will sub out my prints (thats where Five comes in). Sure it would be great to have one but at this point at just doesnt fit into my business plan. Now granted if i came across a smoking deal im buying it!!

Hey guys,  I just purchased a 48" printer and 54" cutter and 53" cold laminator

from the other guys.  All I need now is to learn how to use it :thumbsup:  PT

Congrats on your new toys.

What brand of equipment you bought and if it's not to much to ask what did you pay for it?

Please be advised,  I contacted USC during the process because of this forum.  Regretfully

I purchased from SW.  I already have a lot of their equipment and a great service relationship

ie: no problems unattended.  I still would like to buy some supplies and equipment from USC.

Currently looking for a decal backslitter and 60"rotary cutter. Paid about $17,000.  :thumbsup: PT

ValueJet 54" cutter,  48" Prismjet (Mutoh),  At home right now and can't remember the brand laminator.  Do

remember it was $3500.  Duralam?:thumbsup: PT

Congrats signwerx. sounds like you are going to be busy. I am looking into a printer for shirts right now to start with and everything involved in it so just reading away. :thumbsup:

Guest JogaShop

Hey guys,

Im looking to buy a printer, to be able to press full color logos into shirts kinda like the ones you would get from "transfer express" you know with the white border around them, any suggestions...?

you can after we get ours converted we will have about 5000 in the printer, the conversion and 6litters of ink. not to shabby.

Let me throw a few questions here :

I'm in the market for a printer, not that I do any money now with signs/vinyl, because is a hobby now.

Then why spend all that money on a printer ? Because I'll be moving overseas in over a year and want to get it here because is gonna be much cheaper, and have time to learn/train and service it if needed. So once I'm established in the other place I can open my own shop and deliver professional work and start making my money back.

Good thing here is I'm not desperate and I can take my time to find a good deal, but that's if I can recognize a good deal, know what I mean?

Where I'm going is a town of 100.000 but a really high end tourist place, so I can get by during the winter time with locals and go full steam before summer arrives and during summer with the ones trying to make money from the tourists ;)

With this I'm trying to say that there's a demand for this service, and there's competition, but enough work to keep us all busy.

Not wasting more of your time, I'll be watching this and reading advice on what to get and what's the best bang for my buck.

Did I read that right when you said your $5000 on your printer+conversion+ink ? That's a whole lot less of what I was expecting, please let me know when you have a chance  :thumbsup:

hi yall,

im wondering if there is a printer out there for projects 24" or less.....

Roland bn 20n