Sign in to follow this  
MZ SKEETER

Graphtec CE5000 problem

trying to help a friend..  who has a Graphtec CE50000  2009 unit,  How do you disable the media sensor on your unit?   I have FC7000mk2-75 and they have different buttons and etc. for how to use the machine.  I'm sure someone out there with a CE5000 newer 2009 unit can help him out. Maybe I am calling it the wrong name, BUT I disable the MEDIA SENSOR on MY unit, to stop the machine from doing the premeasure of the WIDTH  of the piece of vinyl in the machine, before cutting, then tells you what the cut area is.  Is it called MEDIA SENSOR  on the CE5000 series also?

thanks in advance..  

I believe the CE-5000 uses magnets in the hold down wheel assembly to measure width so it would be harder to fool this sytem

Looks like, hold down key until menu shows up, then up and down to navigate menu. Find Home or Media whichever you want to disable and then use prev or next button to select enable or disable.

sorry that is not it..  EXAMPLE<   When a 15" width piece of vinyl is put into the cutter,   the machine does a premeasure, of moving the carriage head from the right side of the vinyl to the the left side of the vinyl, and gives a cutting area of 13"   So actually it is loosing 2 inches of vinyl.   We want to disable that and it appears to be the HOME SENSOR  in the use manual,   So, are any of you using that and how did you disable it?  

OK,  MY friend said when he Pushes on the  ORIGIN and ENTER BUTTON at the same time,  it does Nothing.    Does this work for you?,  then you can  Use up and down  arrows and scroll for these functions?

:thumbsup:

yes I showed him that before,  he does not understand the part that says Model 7550,,  it is explained further up.  Does yours say Model 7550?

I looked at the manual - curious since I am thinking about upgrading when I get some extra money.  There is a setting to add to the cutting width under section 4.12 (page 4-29) - supposed to allow you to cut 9.5mm extra on each side - maybe that would help if what you want to do is get more width out of a 15" roll.

-mike

I spoke with tech support he said DO NOT cover the sensor !!! 

The way it is set up it looks like I can cut it 14" 9" which isn't bad.  I am going to be buying some 24" rolls so that will fix the problem.

He said that he wouldn't recommend disabling anything, so I am good to go thanks for all the help

Guest sciondrgn

I generally put the rollers right now the edge and usually get around 14.4 width give or take.. I haven't had any issues with tracking I just check it first to make sure and pre-feed the vinyl out