Sign in to follow this  
deth502

whats the deal w/ ebay?

just wondering.

imo, ebay is a necessary evil. im an avid gun collector,shooter, and enthusiast in general, and in turn, despise ebay and paypal for their vehemently anti-gun stance.

most of the time when i see something from a manuf/distributor on ebay, ill look to see if i can get it direct without going through ebay. and, btw, thats how i found this site and forum. i feel better about NOT supporting ebay, and generally the company makes out better without first ebay, then paypal both taking their cut (double dipping).

but, i have to say i bought my cutter off of ebay. the price of it there is $70 cheaper, AND the shipping is free there, while its a flat $10 here.

as much as i hate ebay, im not going to spend an extra $80 to avoid them.

why is the price there so much lower?? especially considering that ebay will take a cut of that as well??

Guest sciondrgn

Main difference is the warranty.. you get a year if you buy directly from the site

Main difference is the warranty.. you get a year if you buy directly from the site

This is the whole difference. Other than the warranty it is the exact same machine.

ebay gets millions of hits every day....websites only a fraction of that. Sellers sell lower on ebay, hoping to attract regular customers for their other products.

Fact is, a lot of people look on ebay FIRST for anything they need. I know I do.

We offer bundle options on our cutters through the website that allow you to receive a superior value.  These bundle prices are not available to customers who purchase items through eBay.

For instance, I highly recommend that customers add the Greenstar 12 color intermediate vinyl pack along with a software upgrade such as Corel or FlexiStarter.  The discounts that you receive on these two items when bundled create a better value than you could find through eBay plus you receive the additional advantage of the extended warranty.

ha, well, actually, i did notice that if i were to also get flexi started, the prices started getting closer, but i asked here and was told that i really didnt need flexi to get started. :thumbsup:

ive been playing around with sbe and inkscape for a while, and while im not familiar with all of the intricacies of them yet, i can see that they definitely do have limitations. are they enough for me to justify buying the flexi?? probably not, but then again, im doing this as a hobby. if i were to try to make money at it, id surely look hard at purchasing it.

imo, the cheaper value machines are not really being purchased by ppl who intend to do mass production work with their cutters, so, as to my original point, id think that they would be offered lower here.

not singling you guys out, ive actually seen this quite a bit, and i just dont understand it.

ive run a successful small business myself before, granted, i doubt ive made the kind of money us cutter is making, but ive pulled in a very comfortable profit, and i just dont see how this is. i guess im just looking to make sense of the business move so many companies make to do this.

i can see the point of getting the name out, but i would think once someone saw the name on ebay, and was interested enough to come here to look around, your already halfway there.

and the warranty thing was something i didnt know about, not that it would have changed my mind, im generally not that into warranties.

if something breaks i either fix it myself or upgrade, im not big on returning things, and ive found most warranties arent worth that much anyway.

i got prices for these cutters from some of the chinese manufacturers, hmmm i need to get in the business of selling them