godstrong1

copyright infrengement question?

why is it that name bran logos, like monster energy drink, fox racing, nascar, dc shoes are copy right protected, and yet ebay is filled with users selling these copy right decals ? aint it against the law to sell those decals? if so then why is ebay packed with people selling the decals?

because no one reports them,    they will get caught,  It is not up to EBAY. it is up the the owner of the copyright to find it and report it to EBAY.   

same as speeders going down the highway .. all is good until you get some paperwork  :)

Yea things are all fine and dandy until you get served. That is why I am avoiding selling anything copyrighted.To help keep me in the clear!

There is a lengthy thread in this forum where a member here got set up ( baited into making DeWalt stickers ) & then sued . The final result has never been told . 

I have seen where some people sell on local free boards because they are less watched . . .I just stay clear

A few months ago i seen a guy out front of walmart selling school candy bars on one side of the table and sports logos on the other side...

James it's all good though, it's Ohio lol jk

I have a competitor selling all kinds of name brand stuff. I'm shocked he hasn't been busted yet.

Like they said, it's up to the copyright holder.  Even then, you need to watch out sometimes.  Yesterday I posted up a new decal.  There was absolutely no way that I thought someone would have a copyright on it.  Had seen it on a few sites here and there.

I got the magic notice from EBay which I thought was a BS notice.  So after refunding money to a customer who'd bought several, I decided to look it up myself because the alleged owner of the copyright (a certain website that will remain nameless even though I'm a registered user) didn't seem right. 

I first started with the copyright search and nothing showed up other than the website name, so I went to the alleged owner's site and looked around and found that they did in fact copyrighted the image.

Oh well.  Lesson is be careful with what you decide to do.  :thumbsup:

Here's my ? is it illegal to make them or ileegal to sell them.... lets say I buy a bunch of copyrighted logos from someone then resell them? I know I can't produce them but what can they do if I am "buying" them from someone else?

That is what lawyers call " something to hang your hat on " . Ultimately it would be up to the Judge who decides the case . Any part of anything illegal is still illegal . That defense would certainly be better than Flip Wilson's .. " the devil made me do it " ;) . An old saying comes to mind .... " Fools rush in where wise men dare to tread " . Business is a gamble ... doing something that could cost more ( just the lawyer's retainer ) than the profit is a huger gamble .

Can you spend money from a bank robbery committed by someone else if you knew they did it??

yes i can. if you robbed a bank and are feeling guilty, feel free to send the cash to me.

Can you spend money from a bank robbery committed by someone else if you knew they did it??

Can being the ability .... yes :) . May ... you are supposed to turn it in . If money is identified with any crime , it is seized . Charges being filed depends on your explanation on how you got it etc . Being in possession of " any " stolen goods is a criminal offense in most places , no matter who did the actual initial crime .