Sign in to follow this  
FrogDog

Help with vectoring???

Been using CorelDraw since V3 and I can fumble around in AI so I understand vectors vs bitmaps stuff.  I am complete green, wet behind the ears newbie, however, with vinyl cutting, th ough.

I am trying to cut a spray mask of beveled objects.  I want all of the bevel sections to be cut and I will pull them out one at a time. I don't really want the same line cut twice.  Do I have to figure a path through all of this for the cutter and then draw my line sections in that order when I am vectorizing the bitmap in Corel/AI? 

Ya know that even confused me and I wrote it....

Maybe a clearer way of asking the question is :  When I trace a bitmap do I have to trace it in any special order?  Like, the order that I want/expect the cutter to cut it?  OR am I over anal-zing this stuff and I just trace it and Signblazer will figure it out from the file I send over?

Whow,

In general making it 2 D is the ticket as beveled looks to be 3D.

Everything you vectorize from bitmap need to be checked for correct cutting. ;-(

If it are not to much lines I would BREAK them and at the places they are double remove them so only single cut lines remain.

Do not know of any other technique in X3 or X4.

Paco

Thanks.  I think I got it. Between tracing the faces and then welding. I got output.   The double lines are canceling out so I'll do what you say.  I put a pen in the cutter and made my first plot.  It was missing all the lines at the corners.  

But my first output from the device!!!!!!  Woohoo.  This is really cool.