Sign in to follow this  
krys10g

Need help with vinyl on glass and getting wet

Hi everyone,

I am wanting put a vinyl letter on a clear glass plate used for cheese balls or dips. I am going to mirror it and put it on the bottom of the plate. I am using Oracal 651. My question is would the letter be okay if it got wet but not submerged in water? I thought about putting a sticker on the packaging saying "please hand wash and do not fully submerge in water". Is there anyway to protect the letter? Any suggestions would be great. I don't want to sell a product and then have the letter peeling off.

Thank you!

Kristen

I have a Oracal 651 decal on the back of my wife's minivan under the wiper area , after 1 1/2 years , nothing but the usual shrinkage . Did I tell anybody we are PROUD grand-parents  :)

thanks  :)

Kristen , heat in some diswashers can effect vinyl , but most dishwasher don't get hot enough , long enough to hurt decals from what I've read here . Handwashing should not be a problem , but a small disclaimer should make the customer take a bit of care .

remove from dishwasher after wash and rinse but before drying cycle.

Thanks everyone! I was going to put a disclaimer on there to hand wash only and maybe even "don't keep submerged in water for long periods of time".

I appreciate everyone's feedback!

Kristen