Sign in to follow this  
ff-extreme

had to put a post here, couldn't have an empty section

No question but I do have a Seal 62 Ultra C Plus and love it. A real pain to setup if you don't know how. If anyone has one and is having an issue let me know.

Guest fivestar

I know a few people who use the "big squeegee" and absolutely love it.  I used it with James once when I was there and it was so simple.  That's what I will be trying to use once I get smart enough to actually buy it.  ;D:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Big squeegee is amazing. I spoke to James about it and after talking to him I purchased it and wouldn't ever go without one again.

Who sells the big squeegee? I know I've seen it referenced somewhere before?? And I'll have to check out what ff is talking about. Need something to make it easier when applying by myself. The ambulance company I'm working with showed me past decals they had purchased from a company. Not one had even a slight bubble in the app tape. Which is not easy for me trying to apply w/o an applicator >:D And is it necessary to laminate over layered vinyl if they expect to replace the decals every so often due to accidents etc??

Well thanks Dave, can't get much easier than the name of the actual product now can it. So laminate is strictly for the printed decals then correct?

Guest fivestar

Well thanks Dave, can't get much easier than the name of the actual product now can it. So laminate is strictly for the printed decals then correct?

Yup, I really wouldn't know what else to use it for.  Someone else may have a suggestion.

I guess I'm confused because the 3M rep said to laminate the reflective decals. But maybe he assumed they were going to be printed?? I'm still keeping printing as an option, hence you'll be hearing from me if so, but I wanted to compare exactly what he was getting before for current pricing.

Guest fivestar

I guess I'm confused because the 3M rep said to laminate the reflective decals. But maybe he assumed they were going to be printed?? I'm still keeping printing as an option, hence you'll be hearing from me if so, but I wanted to compare exactly what he was getting before for current pricing.

hhhmmmm....I guess laminating reflective "could" be a good idea.  Honestly I've never done any reflective so I can't say either way.  But you'd think the 3M rep would know better then me.  >:D

Lol Five, and here I thought you were the expert! >:D

I'll have to ask him again, but glad I came across the BS regardless that should make things a bit easier Thanks

I am retired but believe total resting caused early death - So I picked up printing - I am self taught and have went threw a very costly learning curve on equipment - I have purchased three laminators in the last few years, the first was a Banner EZ27 ( Max film 1.5 each side or 3.0 mil film) double sided heat activated, I used on 24 X 24 inch posters in the church worked wonderful on pictures, but when I attempted to use on outside signs - the pictures faded in about 90 days due to what I am told the sun rays on the film was not uv protected!

Next I purchased a Ledco economatic 44 inch pressure sensitive cold lamanator - not only does it lamanate the film, but it mask off my vinyl and is able to lay my vinyl onto the subtrate great unit - I have used up to 10 mil on the film that makes my signs stiff as a board, no fading.

Next found a Large XT 500 clam shaped laminator used mostly in photo shops - to mount & lamanate photo's - it uses perfirated laminate that is UV protected, the form board picture and laminate are placed in a sandwich with a form covering and it produces a professional hanging type photo.& signs not effected by sun light but are thinner!

My problem is that I have all this equipment, plus a M&R 6 head 4 station manual press, two exposure unit, heat press, hat press, 30 inch vinyl cutter, 24 inch plotter, 3 color large network printers and I am working out of a small two car garage, retired loving the extra income but do not want to open up a full time business - I love all my equipment but my wife is on me to cut back purchasing equipment, calling me a hoarder - maybe the breaking point is when I purchased and forced into the garage a 65 inch panel saw , which I purchased to cut substrates for signs ! might have over done it!

If any one is interesting in reducing my stress and need some equipment at a reasonable cost contact me derrickalanprinting@gmail.com

P. S From what I am being told now all I had to do was get UV protected Laminate with my first laminator and the problem would have been solved without purchasing the other two units!

• Like 1