Sign in to follow this  
Pedro

12" plotter and vinyl roll...

I've decided to bite the bullet and just get the 12" cutter for now since space right now for me is extremely limited (I really, really want the 50").  My question is where or how should I situate the vinyl roll when using the 12" cutter?  Do they make a table top roll holder for this?  I'm sorry if the question seems obvious, but I'm new to this.  Thanks for your help!

Pedro

P.

If you have the 12 " I will post back tomarrow with a company that will send you a 15"x 30 (Ft) not yards opps... roll of black for free UPS shipping and all included ...all you have to do is request it on their website ...... and anyone else reading can do the same ...jus thought that it woulg help you out being a 15" roll and all with the holes on the side too

BEARDOWN

http://www.arlon.com/      Thats there home page ......  here I think is the free Roll page  http://www.arlon.com/graphics/

Just go here and fill out their little questions ..like ""If you Like this Vinyl will you buy more!""  Of course say yes !

I got my roll in about 5 days... Ups to my doorstep ...I must say that I do like their Vinyl as well too !

Well What are you still reading this for ?  Go get your Free Roll of Vinyl !!!!

Guest fivestar

Thanks, I just did it.  I hope it comes...

Mine came about a month or so ago.  I haven't used it yet, but I did get it.  BTW, it was black.

Pedro, we don't actually include a roll holder.  I think it is assumed that most users with tabletop cutters will cut their vinyl to length before using.  That said, I have seen roll holders and think they are a good idea.  I think one could be created easily enough using four ball bearings.  Attached is a commercial example of a unit that could be easily constructed.

- Marcus

[attachment deleted by admin]

The funny (or sad) thing is that it didn't occur to me to cut the vinyl to size before feeding it.  But that looks like something I can easily fabricate.  Thanks for that.

My cutter came in and it works awesome.  That free roll of vinyl got here too.  I'm happier than a pig in you know what!