mr300s

So what happens when someone gets stiffed on the forum?

I think this is like the second one I have read on here in a very short time.  That really sucks that someone is out there hard earned money.  So what's the deal it gets posted then a few people make a post and it's forgotten about and the person gets to remain on this forum to screw someone else down the road?

Especially someone new that is just joining could get caught up in the same crap.??

I hate people like this.....  :D;D

If not a mod then the administrators should ban that person immediately unless there was some type of emergency.....

How would you like to pay someone for something and not get it and then still have to pay someone else because your customer paid you...

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,23405.0.html

I think the other one involved hats that were done and not paid for I think most know who that is and I think the thread may have been removed because of action being taken but not by this forum.....

Nothing worse than a thief! Just a little word of advice. I ALWAYS pay with a Visa or AE that way I could do a charge back if someone tries to rip me off. If you paid via paypal, google checkout or something like that contact them. I never send cash, check or money order.

Just a little tips that will save you a major headache in the long run.

Def always use Paypal, covers your butt. Just contact paypal and report it, they will freeze the funds and take them back from him even if he has already withdrew the money. Def send BannerJohn or one of the USC admins.

The forum has nothing to do with transactions between the users of the forum.

I felt that I needed to add this--I am not saying that what the person that put the info on the forum isn't true, what I am saying is that there is two sides to every issue and we have only heard one. What should have happened is that this should not have been on the forum at all. What happened was a business transaction nothing more, nothing less and if one party didn't use common business practices then it turns into buyer beware.

Guest TracMatt

The forum has nothing to do with transactions between the users of the forum.

This is true but I think if it isn't properly taken care of the person doing the ripping off shouldn't be allowed back on.  They are no different from a spam artist in my mind. They could come back on and do it to any person on here very easily.  I'm still out my money and it has gone to collections and that person is happily posting on other forums as well as asking me to be a fan of his company on Facebook....NOT!!!!  

Anyway it is a shame.  As a person that has been stiffed by another forum member I must say it would make me sick if I saw him on here again :huh:

Tracee

I felt that I needed to add this--I am not saying that what the person that put the info on the forum isn't true, what I am saying is that there is two sides to every issue and we have only heard one. What should have happened is that this should not have been on the forum at all. What happened was a business transaction nothing more, nothing less and if one party didn't use common business practices then it turns into buyer beware.

But when the communication and transaction starts on this forum then it becomes a "forum" issue. I def don't want a member on here that is stiffing people to be allowed on the forum. I don't care who it is.

Guest TracMatt

And how can you say this shouldn't have been on this forum and all and then contradict yourself saying its buyer beware?  Posting it publically is giving heads up for others to beware.  That is what you do on a forum you protect each other, not rip each other off :huh:

so what you are saying is if you and i did a transaction and everything went gravy, you wouldnt want to share your GOOD experience or recommend me to someone else. Its the same thing when things go south, you want AND have the right to inform other members. A forum is not only for POSITIVE thoughts or experiences. And as you state, BUYER BEWARE, who are we to be aware of if no one says anything?? Seems like a contradiction to me, just my opinion, I aint mad at ya!!

If not banned change the star rating below their user name to devils!  giving an indication of past problems - the devil links directly to the thread describing the problem

I suggest starting a thread that says " unsettled issues " or " BAD deals " to make a search easier ( That is what I would do if I had a deal that went bad ) . I would say " I CLAIM ( member name ) owes me this , is supposed to do this or needs to do this to complete the deal " . That would seem to clear USC's forum from any responsibility/issue . There was a thread about a dispute that was allowed to go on a long time until the issue was settled . Like most settlements , both parties were not completely satisfied but accepted it , that is what a Judge does most of the time anyway .

We could refer anybody wanting to check out credentials to that thread . Both sides could be explained & everybody could decide for themselves if they want to do business with anybody in that thread . I guess a member changing their name could complicate it some . ..

I'll be the 1rst to admit I owe & am in the wrong . I owe MJ ( Mod Jenny ) lunch . I had told her I would treat her & family to lunch when I stopped by , but I was coming thru too late for them ... I wonder what the interest is gonna be  :huh:

I am not a judge..and neither are the other mods. If you want us to be a judge, then we would need all of the facts just like a judge. As bigbrad said..there are two sides to every story...and unless I have every piece of evidence to look at, I'm not going to make a decision. I haven't seen any emails...paypal transaction records..etc.

The people in question have been named..and that should be enough. JUst don't do business with these people. How hard is that?

If anyone has had a problem with another member...I will provide my fax number so that they can fax me actual copies of all emails ( not copy and paste)..paypal transaction records..shipping records..etc. Until then, just use common sense.

Anyway it is a shame.  As a person that has been stiffed by another forum member I must say it would make me sick if I saw him on here again Sad

Tracee

This is why I am leary about dealing with people on the internet. I prefer to deal with people face to face or at least on the phone. I know that limits things. Oh well that's just me. I agree with posting the users name. Maybe that will prompt the person to tell their side of the story. If some one on here stiffed me I can guarantee you, in big bold letters, you would see their name. I don't screw anybody, I treat people how I want to be treated, sometimes I screw myself. Man this pisses me off! Life is hard enough without having to deal with people who have no conscience. I hope they get theirs.

I have been following Tracee's problem in her threads here and else where. I won't deal with that person. Tracee - Thanks for the heads up.

VV - I'm really sorry that you (or anyone else) have to have to deal with this problem.

Guest TracMatt
Anyway it is a shame.  As a person that has been stiffed by another forum member I must say it would make me sick if I saw him on here again Sad

Tracee

This is why I am leary about dealing with people on the internet. I prefer to deal with people face to face or at least on the phone. I know that limits things. Oh well that's just me. I agree with posting the users name. Maybe that will prompt the person to tell their side of the story. If some one on here stiffed me I can guarantee you, in big bold letters, you would see their name. I don't screw anybody, I treat people how I want to be treated, sometimes I screw myself. Man this pisses me off! Life is hard enough without having to deal with people who have no conscience. I hope they get theirs.

I have been following Tracee's problem in her threads here and else where. I won't deal with that person. Tracee - Thanks for the heads up.

VV - I'm really sorry that you (or anyone else) have to have to deal with this problem.

Amen to that Mr P!

am not a judge..and neither are the other mods. If you want us to be a judge, then we would need all of the facts just like a judge. As bigbrad said..there are two sides to every story

True,  however it shows that the other member has been on the forum and yes we can say well maybe he hasn't read the post,   but we all know he has,   so I love the idea of a separate thread maybe it could just be buyer, seller feedback period doesn't have to be all negative only.  If you have dealing with someone which I have seen many on here have and the people are thrilled then it could be posted in that section.

When folks want to buy something or get services they can go to this thread and look through, almost like the feedback section on ebay even though that's far from perfect.  

All I am saying is it seems someone gets taken for a ride and yes there is two sides to every story but come on stop talking in circles you know as well as I do that this person is stiffing him and that sucks, so enough is enough why should this person be allowed to remain on the forum?  Then contact him and ask for his side of the story?.

I know its not US Cutters or the mods responsibility but what about the new folks that come on here and unknown to them deal with the same person when all it would take would be a small post

Sorry end of rant....I'm done  :huh::D

I am not talking in circles.  I have no idea what got you into this fight...but in point of fact it's not really anybody's business but the people involved. The people who got cheated have not asked me or any other mod to do anything.

IF we open up a thread where people can accuse other people of being dishonest..that opens USC up to lawsuites for slander..and we have to be able to PROVE what we say.

Like I said before names have been listed. If YOU want to start a thread about who to avoid...do it.

If not a mod then the administrators should ban that person immediately unless there was some type of emergency.....

A transaction that goes on between two forum members has nothing to do with the forum. The only way the forum is involved is that is how the two parties started their communications.

But when the communication and transaction starts on this forum then it becomes a "forum" issue.

That's like saying that I bought a used car over the phone or internet, the car was a lemon, so I want the phone or ISP company to get involved in getting my money back.

I completely agree with posting the person's name, and let the bad rep from here and other forum communities done their own damage. I also agree that a thread should be started to list known members(past and present) that have scammed poeple. The only issue with that, is that the thread would get spammed to all hell, so most likely it would need to be locked and mod'ed.

Like us mods don't have enough to do already...without pay, I might add.

I am not talking in circles.  I have no idea what got you into this fight...but in point of fact it's not really anybody's business but the people involved. The people who got cheated have not asked me or any other mod to do anything.

IF we open up a thread where people can accuse other people of being dishonest..that opens USC up to lawsuits for slander..and we have to be able to PROVE what we say.

Like I said before names have been listed. If YOU want to start a thread about who to avoid...do it.

I am not in any fight and I apologize if it appeared that way,   but I hate people that rip off other people off  especially when they are on a forum together like one big family and then that person gets to remain on the forum as if nothing happen to do it again down the road.   I am chief administrator on a forum and a moderator on two others and I don't get paid either...and this person would have been banned so fast they wouldn't have time to blink...

Worried about a law suit?  Then something like this should be posted... And btw it can only be slander if its untrue and that is probably one of the hardest cases to prove that is on the books unless your a TV star...

The Buy And Sell Forum is for, and intended only to be a Service Offered for our members To list items for sale.

U.S. Cutters  Forum, it's owners, administrators ,or staff, are not responsible for any transaction made.

U.S. Cutters  Forum, it's owner, Administrators, or staff ,will not  act as mediators in any transaction..either good, or bad.

Be it further advised..U.S. Cutters Forum, Owner, Administrators, and staff caution you..Know who you are dealing with.. You the seller, and the buyer, enter into private  contracts with each other. No ad placed on this forum is subject to our approval, other than for content.US Cutters Forum does not imply an item posted here is good, or bad. Purchase and sell items are at your own risk.

Bannerjohn gets so much money from USC for doing this he has to have a dump truck take the money to the bank....lmao

All joking aside I really hate to see someone get the shaft end of a deal. You could contact PayPal but you would get better luck dealing with your bank or credit card company direct. It would be much faster and 98% of the time you will get your money back faster. I really I mean if you really want to post up here for a third party that is up to the USC Mods. I just really think dealing with your bank or credit card direct is the best. PayPal is a pain in the butt and want to email back and forth for weeks.

I like the idea of having a section showing transactions that have positive results or negative. Obviously, we need to be as careful as possible when having ANY business transactions. But at least if we saw someone had a record for not paying we could have the choice whether to take that chance or not. Nobody likes to be taken by another, or doing work for nothing. It isn't that the forum should be held liable. More that why allow someone to get away with something and then continue to do so to others. Sometimes we are contacted to do work by people we are not familiar with. If there was a section designated for such transactions it would make life a lot easier. We won't stop it all, but to do nothing seems just as bad as the person getting away with the theft.

If you want a section for stuff like this...the owner of the forums is Marcuso. He is an admin..along with Brandon and levi. Contact them. And lots of luck.

"Worried about a law suit?  Then something like this should be posted... And btw it can only be slander if its untrue and that is probably one of the hardest cases to prove that is on the books unless your a TV star..."

and that's my piont... Tracee posting someones name is one thing...she has the facts to back it up. USC does not. And that's the fact of the matter.

Just post the damn names of the cheaters and forget about it!

and have a look here as well...posted over a year ago:

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,7039.0.html

Please complete the transaction through PM's and resolve any problems the same way. Be aware that if you are buying a used item you are taking a chance. If you have a problem with your purchase, deal with it outside of the forums.

Bannerjohn gets so much money from USC for doing this he has to have a dump truck take the money to the bank....lmao

You got that right...that's what caused my heart attack...loading and counting all that money.