Sign in to follow this  
firemalt

FYI... MMA fans

Thanks for the heads-up FM  :huh: . I caught the fight & I thought I was back in time .. something not on pay per view  :D I remember hearing talk when I was a kid that 1 day we would be paying for tv , water & several other things that seemed taken for granted years ago ... wonder what the future holds for the kids now :D

It was a good event & I was surprised how busted up Fedor got by that jab . I was surprised the fight was stopped as fast also . Not a completely bad call , but the other fighter had not taken as much punishment as many fights I have seen let go on .

They also had ufc on spike saturday night.

couture vs nogeria(sp?)

silva vs fraklin

and a few others.

It was on payperview a month or so ago, but i didn't watch it.  I did watch it this weekend tho.  Some good fights.

Dana White , president of UFC is a fierce businessman . He has put free shows on Spike channel TV before to offset other organizations fights several times  . Fedor surprises me . He was taking a beating from Arlanski ( sp ? )  when he knocked him out . I wonder if he could offset the size , strength & speed of Lesner ... I would hope so , because i don't care for Lesner's attitude at all ( IF that fight ever happens ) .

Yea, I didn't even think about them showing that fight only because Strikeforce was on cbs, lol.  I was flippin the channels back and forth trying to watch both of them.

Yea i heard.  He said hes been real sick lately, hasn't been able to train

I had not heard that . I have seen what he does to train... seems insane . I don't know what could make somebody want to do that .

I disagree , even though I don't like the guy much . Lesner is the heavyweight Champ right now in UFC & looks to steam-roll anybody & everybody in his path . It might take sombody with similiar strength with submission skills to dethrone him ( or a lucky punch :huh: )

I dont think the Fedor fight was stopped prematurely. He got 3-4 good punches in after he hit the ground, and Big John waited for about the third punch before he jumped in. I think they did a good job.

Disappointing to see Brock back out of a fight already. I think Fedor is the best heavyweight in the world right now and has been for a while and will be for a while. I don't understand why you wouldn't accept the last offer the UFC tried to give him last time though. Hopefully he'll give in one of these days or Dana will offer him an even more ridiculous offer than last time...which i guess isn't too ridiculous if you compare it to what NFL players make.

Looked to me those last 3 - 4 punches missed ( I was paying acute attention to that in the replays ) & he had his hands in a defensive mode :huh:? " Most " likely it woud not have improved for Rogers ... but I have seen many if not most fights continue & sometimes the down fighter winning . With Rogers doing as well ( WHAT a jab !!! ) , i have to think some consideration had to be given so the " cash cow " would not be lost . Even if Fedor would have lost , the rematch would have ben great & VERY profitable .

The money is not what made Fedor not take the deal , it was the control of several other things .

I understand where you'r coming from, but as I recall, Fedor hit him with all of those punches on the ground, just not outstanding blows. Any kind of blow from Fedor is going to do some damage, and Big John knows that. I have seen much more controversial stoppages and this one probably wouldn't make the top 20 list of the ones I've seen.

And I agree, the money isn't it and it is the control that UFC would then have over him, but it takes a lot to turn down a dollar amount like that and if Dana offers him enough money, it'll win him over. The hard part will be doing that while he's still the best. Though I wouldn't say he's going downhill anytime soon.