Guest kenya

Friday night question

Guest kenya

I had a man come by today wanting 2 banners made & he wanted some prices on shirts & hats screen printed (which I do not do). Anyway, what would be a normal time period for him to pick up his completed order (the banners)? Is there a normal 3-4 business days?

I said that I would have them ready by Monday, only because I was caught up on my work.

I just don't want him to think that I can have everything ready almost overnight.

I understand that if he has a deadline or event that he would need them for, I would push his order alittle ahead, but in turn charge alittle more also.

But in the future, should I start giving my customers, say a week on orders to be picked up- just so they don't call me everyday wanting to know if it's ready.

Also, I'll be needing some screen printing prices on some shirts & hats.... email if you are interested. It's going to be a pretty large order.

I use paypal for payment.

Haha Most customers will come in and want their stuff done yesterday! If it is a new customer I will usually tell them 2 or 3 days (or less) but I will also note to them that they were lucky that they came in when they did and that it will usually take 4-5 days to complete simple orders like that. I guess it all depends on who you are competing with locally. I mean if you are trying to compete with staples or kinkos they have same day pickup for banners.

i usually tell my customers 3-5 days. but i personally tried to complete in at least 2 days. that will allow time for shipments or errors. if they r in a hurry, i will put forth every effort to do the order sooner, but i sure don't rush it to fast unless they want to pay a rush fee. one more thing it really depends on the design they want also. sometimes it may take longer to create specify designs. it just all depends on the order and what all is needed to fulfill it.

you dont want to get to a point of doing things to quickly, then the customers EXPECT it. I had a guy ask for 2 stickers to put on his car that said "SUPERCHARGED" he came by the house to show me a pic of the font he wanted 15 min later he's walking out the door stickers in hand. He said what a pleasure it was to do business with someone so prompt and he is bringing his Corvette Z06 by for me to put some rally stripes on. So point being, those $5 stickers made in 15 min landed me a bigger higher $$$ job.

you dont want to get to a point of doing things to quickly, then the customers EXPECT it.

wow that sounds like a state employee . . .HEHE

you dont want to get to a point of doing things to quickly, then the customers EXPECT it. I had a guy ask for 2 stickers to put on his car that said "SUPERCHARGED" he came by the house to show me a pic of the font he wanted 15 min later he's walking out the door stickers in hand. He said what a pleasure it was to do business with someone so prompt and he is bringing his Corvette Z06 by for me to put some rally stripes on. So point being, those $5 stickers made in 15 min landed me a bigger higher $$$ job.

I base everything on different aspects: How large is the job and time needed, how fast they need it, how much work I have at the time and if I am in a bad mood (just joking) but in most cases I tell everyone 2-3 BUSINESS DAYS.

There is really no set of rules to follow in my book. You just have to use your best judgment.

you dont want to get to a point of doing things to quickly, then the customers EXPECT it.

wow that sounds like a state employee . . .HEHE

lol.  but its true!!

depending on how big the job is i say 2-3 business days and if they order a bulk of products, i say longer but it's usually sooner  :huh:

Don't fall into the trap of working on weekends, i have completely seperated my working days from off days and love it. When i first started i was doing jobs on weekends and meeting customers on Sundays. Not anymore  :D

I love working weekends....fewer interruptions and the phone doesn't ring.

If a customer wants it fast, I make it clear that I will have to run it ahead of other jobs and he can pay an extra 20% if he wants it that fast.