kkappy

I really need help with software

Hello!  I'm new hear.  I recently purchased teh laser cut 24 and a heat press along with Corel Drawx4 and obviously SB.  My husband is an Iron Worker and I was wanting to create some shirts for him.  I found some images that I would like to put on a shirt, but they are .jpg.  I honestly don't even know where to look for my Iron worker vector images, or what I can do to get what I want on the shirt?  I don't know really what I'm supposed to be doing in Corel Draw with my images either:(  I really wish I could get a one on one help!

Hello!  I'm new -- where to look for my Iron worker vector images,

If you web search (google) for " images, iron worker "  you will find a ton of free images to wade through. Finding something "just right" usually takes some time and effort. 

If you want to have a selection of vector art on hand, you could buy a clip art collection. They are fairly cheap nowdays.

If you are lucky you may find folks on this site that have a few images that are right on, or at least close to what you have in mind.

In your graphics program there should be a "trace" feature, this creates a vector copy of a bitmap image. Usually you need to spend some time cleaning up and adjusting the image that is traced. but then you add it to you collection for next time.

good luck

Guest manwayvan

Sorry to get off topic but wow xstreme I love your website and the word you are doing..Very clean and classy taste..

you can also use the bitmap go to mode then go to conversion method choose line art then it will be converted. Now right click oin image and choose quicktrace high detaile logo that will convert it into a vector file. and you can also select halftone if you are doing screen printing.(you will not need to convert it into a vector file if you are doing screen printing. Hope this helps

I have replied to a couple of the old post that someone had revived without looking at the original post date but then just blame it on old age lol