Kody_021

Vinyl Express Grc-61 help!!!

Just bought this vinyl express grc-61 and I can't get it goin. I [table][tr][td]hooked it up to serial-parallel[/td][/tr][/table] and I got a hp gl/2 error. So I tried 25 pin serial to 25 pin serial and it stayed a 0% in flexisign pro production manager.

I tried 9 pin serial to 25 pin serial and it stayed a 0% in flexisign pro production manager, then after a minuet it said write port error.

Can someone please help. It will perform a test cut function from the control panel, but I can't get it to respond to flexisign pro production manager.

What driver are you using in Flexi Sign? You should be using GCC Panther / Ultra driver.

Did you get this figured out? If not I would be happy to help.

I now got a new computer and i have a panther 30" I am trying to set up but it does not want to work. Do the newer versions of windows need the driver to work even now?

Are you using serial or USB connection. USB will still need the driver.

I just got fascinated by this GRC 61 and trying to hook it up to cut some projects with my kids. I got the Win XP drivers and set it up as a printer. I have also set it up in Flexi production manager. Since May 2020 the machine has not cut even an inch. production manager tells me the job is done though. I have connected it to LPT1 on my desktop running XP. I have also tried with USB/Serial on virtual XP.I must say I am a total newbie with this thing but I think I have tried my best; which turns out to be not good enough. Any suggestions on how to hook this fossil?

On 11/12/2009 at 5:47 PM, Guest said:

Did you get this figured out? If not I would be happy to help.

Please help. goodcutmkt@gmail.com

hello im new in here, i need help iI have a GRC 61 and im using flexi sign 10.1 in window 7, i ry few things they i saw in few forum but nothing work with this plotter, any help to make this plotter work, thanks in advanced

8 hours ago, master kustom said:

hello im new in here, i need help iI have a GRC 61 and im using flexi sign 10.1 in window 7, i ry few things they i saw in few forum but nothing work with this plotter, any help to make this plotter work, thanks in advanced

Does that Flexisign 10.1 have a USB dongle to make the software open?  Like this? 

FLEXI DONGLE LIT UP.jpg

Did your cutter work when you first got it?

What software shipped when you purchased it?

If you didn't buy it new, did the seller provide software for you?

Do you have the right driver installed?

Is this a new computer?

Are you using a serial with a keyspan adapter?

If you fill in the blanks, maybe we stand a chance at helping you. What have you tried to troubleshoot the issue? 

Have you Googled and tried here?