Sign in to follow this  
acegames

Creation Pcut 630 died ?

Hi , I have been using a creation pcut 630 for over a year , its connected by serial

I used it this morning and near the end of a job it just decided to go off course and cut a straight line so I switched it off

Then every cut I sent to it just tried to cut a straight line and that was all

Now it wont respond at all from signcut but still switches on and lights up does a test cut etc

Has it died or could it be something else causing this ? ;D

have you tried another serial cable? I've had them go bad.

If you do and get the same result...since the cutter still makes a test cut ok, it could be a communication problem.

Thanks , no I have not tried another serial cable yet , I went to buy one but no one had any stock

I managed to get it cutting on another pc with signgo but it was just cutting random lines and rubbish ?

Do you think that could be caused by the serial cable

Thanks for the reply ;D

could be. I don't have a pcut but is there any way you can try and get it going with USB..just to test? You won't have an easy time finding a serial cable most places don't stock them anymore. Best bet would be a computer store..one of the independant ones. Or order online.

Damn , I found a serial cable at maplins and its still the same

Im using signcut and with that nothing happens when I send a cut

With signgo it starts to cut but just all random lines and stuff  ;D

I will make Levi aware of this thread and see if he can help.like I said, I don't have that model and can't offer much beyond what I already have.

Thanks , appreciate your help , I dont mind buying another one , I just want someone to confirm its dead , I would hate to buy another and it was still workable lol

Guest sciondrgn

I know on my PCUT, Sometimes it would loose its memory (Memory Dump?) And it would loose all it's settings. Have you checked to make sure your Baud Rate and such that is set on the cutter matches what you have set on the Serial Port in the PC?

Yes checked and double checked the settings on the machine

Whats got me puzzled is how it just started cutting crazy lines and stuff near the end of a cut ?

It was half working after that just cutting random lines instead of the graphic but now I get nothing when I send a cut ?

I bought a new refine cutter to get some work out of the way but would like to get my creation fixed

I looked on uscutter and wanted to buy a motherboard but mine is just ltp port

I emailed them but still dont have a reply

Will the usb/serial motherboard replace my ltp motherboard ?

If it is listed as a replacement, it should. But to be safe, I have made levi aware of this thread.

If your motherboard only has an LPT port, it would need to be replaced with the same motherboard.  Unfortunately if you have an older PCut with no USB port, you would need to hunt one of those motherboards down. 

I believe I spoke with you a few times over the past few days. I am waiting on a picture of your mother board so that we can find out if we have a board that is compatible. Please post the picture here and also create a support ticket at support.uscutter.com referring to this post.