Sign in to follow this  
rtucker

USB, Vista and Copam 2500

I bought a new Dell computer last year that runs Vista.  I reinstalled my signcut software, bought a USB/serial cord from Radio Shack.  I think I read someone on this forum did the same and got great results.  I'm not getting any results with my copam talking to signcut.  I installed the cable drivers according to the instructions.  I've tried every available com port on my computer.  is anyone willing to talk me through this?  thanks

Since I have a deadline staring right at me, I went back to my old Dell with the LTP1 port, hooked up the ol' copam and cut out the names I needed.  I went back through the forum looking for solutions to the no LTP port (my new Dell doesn't have one) and didn't see any information I could use.  If you know how to make the USB/serial cable work with my situation please share.

I've had my cutter for a couple of years and it has always worked like a charm, paid for itself a dozen times over.  I guess I'll just keep the old Dell around for a dedicated computer for the cutter.

I had a similar problem...no LPT or serial port on my Vista 64 machine. I fought with several USB serial adapters and their associated drivers with no luck. I purchased a Vista 64 bit compatible PCI parallel card for $20 and had the Copam up and running in 20 minutes. Eventually I will have the Copam networked in the system but for now this was the best answer for my setup.