Sign in to follow this  
prestonservco

Lighted Table I'm Building

Nice work -w e are doing 3 4x8 sheets this week and our workstation isn't big enough - wish I had a bigger table!

nice work, here is mine. 5,000 watts of metal halide lighting!

bb

post-2091-12986546764333_thumb.jpg

post-2091-12986546764578_thumb.jpg

post-2091-12986546779317_thumb.jpg

post-2091-12986546779469_thumb.jpg

Nice tables, I need something like that.

Looks like some homebrew fermenting too.  What's in the works?  I've got 7 gallons of cider that needs bottled and a Dunkelweizen to brew this week.

LOL.  Nothing brewing here.  Just "stuff" laying around the shop.  40 gallon crawfish pot.  Pottery kiln.  Amongst other cylinder looking type things.  ;D

For the table, I used 3 2'x4' Florescent light fixtures.  Each has 4 T8 bulbs...so, 12 altogether.  For the photo I just placed my cutting mat on top.  This week I'll add a 4x8 Lexan top, and put the cutting mat on top of that.  I also have plans to add a couple of electrical outlets.  I don't have many in this shop for some reason - always searching for one.

Nice tables, I need something like that.

Looks like some homebrew fermenting too.  What's in the works?  I've got 7 gallons of cider that needs bottled and a Dunkelweizen to brew this week.

25 gallons of apple cider, soon to be "hard", 3 gallons of pear cider, and 3 gallons of spiced pear cider (the juice from making pear butter). i don't bottle my cider, i keg it in 5 gallon soda kegs. i plan to put some flourescent lights for use as a light table. the 5,000 watt light is to expose screens for screenprinting.

bb

CUTME what's the height of that table?  I've got mine about 34"

i set mine high so i would not have to bend over. i think i set it at 48 inches.

bb

Man preston, build a top just like that with a hinge and you got yourself a tanning bed! lol jk. You wasn't lying when you said you was building a lighted table. Looks good man.

AAAAHHHHHH.  Finished her!  This table is great.  Perfect height.  Perfect amount of light.  I've basically abondoned my other setup tables.  LOL. 

A friend donated a 1/2" Lexan top, and I placed a 4'x8' cutting mat on top of that.  I also added an electrical outlet on each side for.... whatever.

Made good use of my new layout table this week.  After cutting this 8 foot, 2 layer, wall art, I realized that I forgot the registration marks - awe, darn.  LOL.  This table made it a moot point!

post-5656-12986549025254_thumb.jpg

post-5656-12986549042042_thumb.jpg

Very cool!  I will be making one as soon as I have the room.  Everything I need is already in the garage, I just couldn't find a good deal on SQFT at the store.  haha

bb

what did you use to grow with that light.... I mean light up  :huh:

bb

what did you use to grow with that light.... I mean light up  :huh:

it is not a grow light. never was. if you know anything at all about the light spectrum, you would know that it would be a very poor grow light. this light is designed to put out high levels of uv light, whereas grow lights are designed to put out elevated levels of blue and green creating a spectrum that more closely matches that of the sun.

bb

no worries, just wanted to be perfectly clear. :huh:

bb

It's all good.  I got the joke.  :huh:

It's difficult to photograph the sucker!  In the shots, all the lights in the shop were on, but the table makes the camera adjust aperature.  If it's too bright, I just lay a board or piece of coroplast down to block some of it.