Sign in to follow this  
cbsuperduty

Newbie JPSS questions

I have done a search and don't see this question answered really. I see that JPSS is for "light" shirts, can someone define "light"? Is that just white and then the other for darks really for all other colors?

Does anyone have some pictures of work with JPSS? I saw in one of my searches a few pics from Gearbox Graphics (thanks btw). Are you guys cutting out the design after it is printed (either with contour cutter or by hand) or do you just press the whole sheet?

thank you,

Chris

Whites are pretty much all I do with JPSS, but I hear some have fine results with ash, light yellow, light beige, etc.  The problem with the light colors is that it may tint your colors.  So, dark black ink is probably not going to color shift, but a yellow ink likely will.  '

Here are some examples of JPSS along with some vinyl and sublimation: http://tbiz101forum.com/index.php?topic=95.msg4655#msg4655

I use JPSS all the time. I do find that if you use a pastle colour the fabric isnt completely blocked out and you can sort of see the colour through it.

If you do a black it will block it out mostly but then doesnt tlook like a true black either.

It is best on whites.

we tend to cut it out by hand once we have printed on it so that there isnt the film around the image(i will test it with the cutter tonight as we only just got our cutter up and running).also im not too sure if you have a heat press but its recommended only for a heat press,although that said we do have a lot of successes with irons.

I do think though some papers are alot more vibrant in colour but then you have the hard heavy hand left on the garment,JPSS is great if you want to not be able to feel the transfer.