Sign in to follow this  
rustrocket92

problem with jsi cutter

I have had this jsi 24" cutter about a year and a half. About 6 months ago it stopped working. I spent hours on the phone with their tech support (which sucks it takes forever to get someone to call you back about problems). They had me send it back to them to be checked out. They said it worked fine and shipped it back to me. I hooked it back up and still the same problem. I called them and they say it is my computer. I tried it with my laptop and same problems.

Its kind of hard to explain ther problem so I made you a picture.

testcut.jpg

I have a feeling the USB connection could be a cause can you use a serial instead?

I used the usb connection for over a year with no problems what so ever. When i started having problems they sent me a new usb cable which didn't help. They then sent me an adapter to go from a serial cable to usb which didn't help ( but then again I am not sure which cable I am supposed to be using. There is one with a lot of pins and maybe one with like nine pins. I tried both but neither seem to work.

How do I properly uninstall it?

just go to your control panel and delete it like any other program.  I also go through the registry but if your not familiar with that best just to do the control panel one,  that should work,  after that then just install the new version.  I am far from an expert on this but its worth  a try.  I was hoping some others like Preston or Jay would have jumped in :)

alot of cutters use the Roland 1000  driver.  You could try it.  at the bottom of the set up page is LOAD,  click it  you will see more cutters appear.

Deleted and installed new but which cutter do I use? There is no longer a jsi24 to pick in the setup?

Bring up the cutter setup and near the bottom you will see load click on that and look through that list...

I hit the load option in setup and there is no jsi, but there is the roland 1000. Now it won't do anything. In fact the entire program locks up and I have to go to the task manager and end the program.

I am going to try to unistall and reinstall my original software and see what happens.

How did you make out?  I thought that you had fixed the problem?

I unistalled the jsi signblazer and then there wasn't a jsi machine. so I trieed the roland and nothing. I was going iinstall the original but then I found the all version so I going to try that. Cross ur fingers!

I installed the all cutter version. I tried just cutting a simple shape 1" circle. Here are the results and I still having problems.

testcut2.jpg

I installed the all cutter version. I tried just cutting a simple shape 1" circle. Here are the results and I still having problems.

testcut2.jpg

What is your offset at?

this thing is really pissin me off! jsi signs customer service is no help what so ever! If anyone was to ask me I would tell them to stay away from them like they were a moraly casual chick with the herp. But on another note I have a made a short video of what is going on so maybe someone else can help. Stay tuned.

I really don't know anything about that cutter but most call for a .25 offset even says that on the blade cases.  I would start there and do test cuts increase it by five or decrease it by five until you have the results you want?

the blade drag, when it is set correctly your corners are square,  and no squiggly lines when they should be straight

it cuts straight lines when you can get it to cut for example if i wanted to cut shape A. my result is shape B. the thinner line is just the weed line.

Image3.jpg