We've had a Pcut 24" cutter for over a year now and it has paid for itself, I'm sure.  The one major issue I have with it is that I can't seem to dial it in to do high quality letters in the 1/4" - 1/2" height range.  Letters like A's & T's have slanted cross lines and just a rough overall appearance.  We've taken on a major project for us in a new building here.  We'll be doing all the room and ADA signs to the tune of about $8000 in profits alone for our small shop.  Along with those signs, the architect has asked us to bid on a glass/acrylic "Donor Wall" that will use sign vinyl for the lists of contributors.  We've been doing laser & rotary signs for close to 20 years , but the sign vinyl part of our business is relatively new...just a little over a year.

In a part time job I have, they use a Roland GX-24 cutter for making heat press transfers and the quality of the letters in smaller sizes is more than suitable for our needs.  But, with the budget crunch we're in right now, there's no way we'll be allowed to purchase a higher priced cutter like the Roland.  Used Rolands of any type of good quality are about impossible to find.  So, on to my main question.

Could I talk someone into giving me a quality review of the Copam 24" from UScutter.  I've seen bits and pieces, here and there on this cutter, but I'd like to hear from someone that has used both the Copam and maybe a higher end cutter to honestly compare them for me.  I think I can convince my superiors to allow me to purchase one if it will give me the quality I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance.

Kris

Kris,

I've had the Copam for over a year now, and it hasn't let me down.  Small details letters are no problem with it.  I don't have experience with a 'higher end' cutter and I really don't feel I need to, since I really have no big complaints with my Copam. 

Jenny

post-1738-12986546605183_thumb.jpg

post-1738-12986546605467_thumb.jpg

post-1738-129865466259_thumb.jpg

post-1738-12986546626144_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

We have the COPAM 2500 and a Roland Camm. The Roland is a better machine but it also costs a lot more. The main difference we have noticed is the Roland is a little faster with small cuts and it tracks on long cuts better, 8-10 foot range. It also has registration recognition for contour cutting.

Started with pcut - refine then copam and now graphtec - copam was a strong machine and never let me down.  love the graphtec but for the price copam was an incredible machine

I have a Copam CP2500 as well. Build like a tank! I'm not able to cut small letters or images with it though. I even tried contour cutting with it using FlexiStarter 8.6v. I have had my ups and downs with the Copam, however, it is better than others. Graphtec is the best by far.

Add a cleancut blade to the copam for even better results - will do finer stuff better than original blade!

The roland I have 4 of the 60 degree for the copam if anyone wants them for 15.00 each

If you need assistance fine tuning your Copam just let me know. I would be happy to give you a call and walk you through this process.

Well lets hope this thing works when I get it. Been doing some more research on it and seen the negatives and positives. Lets hope i'm on the right end this time.

If you need assistance fine tuning your Copam just let me know. I would be happy to give you a call and walk you through this process.

Just got the new Copam 2500 set up and was surprised that I was able to get it to work (so far) using USB.

Looks like I'll probably need some advise for fine tuning.  I have the pressure set at the lowest....50g... and the blade is just barely sticking through the holder.  On the P-Cut cutter, the directions say to have the blade sticking out of the holder about 1/2 the thickness of a credit card, but when I did that with the Copam, it went all the way through the material and backing, even at the lowest pressure setting.  I raised the blade in the holder until it's just barely visible and I can just barely feel it.  I think it will cut nicely at this setting, but the 1/4"-1/2" letters are peeling up as the cutter housing travels across them.

I did order CleanCut blades, but they're not here yet.

Any suggestions for ultra fine work?

I am looking to buy this cutter for making replacement stickers for Rubik's cubes.

The cutting will not be extremely detailed, but I will need to have smooth corners and such.

I will be using oracal 651 vinyl and I have no experience with vinyl cutting or anything.

Will the copam cp2500 be a good machine to get?