Sign in to follow this  
cbsuperduty

iMac or MacBook Pro or MacMini

Hello all,

Hello all, I am a newbie to this game and looking to get a little further into this game. I currently use my work (day job) Dell laptop with Vista on it to do my design and cutting. I have an older Bridge 12

I love all my Macs, and will never own or build a PC ever again. That said, I would stay away from the new 27" iMac. They are having problems with the performance of it right now. I'd wait maybe and see what Apple does. I love my Macbook Pro's though, I have 2, a 15" and a new 17". I also have a Mac Pro desktop with 2 Cinema Displays. If you can swing an extra $500-$1000 I'd go for that. Mini i wouldn't really do either. I have a mini but use it for XBMC and it acts as a network for movies in my house.

If you can't swing these, i would get a 17" Macbook Pro. You'll love it. Trust me ;D

That sucks... I was going to probably go with a mini and LCD but then yesterday I got to see one of the 27" iMacs and they are sweet. Might just wait a while and see if they get the bugs worked out.

I'm using AI CS3 on a 15" Macbook Pro with CutStudio and a Roland GX-24.

Everything has worked flawlessly and I have been really pleased (other than a minor bobble when I upgraded to Snow Leopard, but an update of CutStudio quickly resolved it).

I have been looking for an external display myself. Apple's 24" LED isn't compatible with the older DVI connection on my MBP and I can't justify the cost of a 30" cinema display (even refurbished). If I had a newer MBP, I would be looking very hard at the 24" LED. In typical Apple fashion though, it's well done, but not exactly friendly to "legacy" equipment - LOL if you can call a year old laptop legacy equipment!

Daddy-o

Yet another happy PC to Mac convert...

I'm using Corel X4/Parallels on a 15" Macbook, CutStudio, and a Roland GX-24. I love it my Mac no regrets although I do still use my PC since my embroidery software won't run on a Mac

Ended up going with the 21.5" iMac for now. Now I just have to try and teach myself more about inkscape and gimp to see if I can get away from the raping that Adobe gives you for their software.

Hey to jump in here I have a Macbook pro I also have a Samsung 2nd screen to go with it I love the computer its sweet.

Signcut pro works on it with a Keyspan adapter  to the plotter!!

Keith