Sign in to follow this  
kiboy

Pcut1200 doesn cut inside letters

Hi , am using Pcut1200 for about 5 years. Didn`t have problems with  these cutter, but these days I have some serious problems.

Where is problem.., well if I put on cuttin any bigger job than A3 it stops in middle of cut. Or other problem is when I broke my file in several smaller then I often get a several letter without cuted inside (like B,D,R,A).

Where should I look for problem? These thing doesnt show every time, there is a mistery..like some memroy problem or similar, I noticed that when I change number of objects or nodes it get better. Let me remind you that I cut earlyer on this cutter jobs over 3-4m long with small letters and it was ok. Now it seems like something gone wrong.

thanx

Your problem of not cutting inside of the letters sounds like the centers may be seperated for the rest of the letter. Are you typing in the text or is it something that has been vectorized? Some vector programs see the centers of letters as just a different color and make them white instead of a cutout in the letter. If this is the case you can select both and combine them. (In signBlazer it is Arrange + Combine but not sure what program you are using) Or you can select two colors to cut together.

Jay

We use corel and Ai for drawings then export in plt format. Use to cut with WMP but on these new pc we just cut on these cuter with factory soft. Like I said before, there is several problems, I don't know if its it is connected. Cuter suddenly stop in middle of work when drawing is to complex. That never happ. before. Now these1, incomplete cutting of circle shapes objects.  I only spot that fonts shapes being misscut. No matter if its straight font or coverted in curves. Ill install tonight some other software to try to cut from flexi or signlab but I have only trials here in studio. It wont be a long term solution even if it works which am doubt.

Can you attach one of the files you are trying to cut? (Click on Additional Options to see the option to attach a file)

Jay

sorry, tons of work never get to post here. About files, well, its not every time that cutter miss to cut letters. Sometimes its ok , sometimes not. I think there is 2 problems. first is miscut of inside letters, other that drawing with lot of nodes just stop in midle of work (with cuttin ). Is there any way that I could burn memory modules or something like that? I was working this summer on site with that cutter. We used to cut vinil  inside hall cose we where instalin a lot of vinil for whole building  and seems that cutter got static electricity from floor. I even see a tiny sparks , later we use some wire to make some better ground :thumbsup:.

Maybe that static fryed or damaged some electric!? That is just wild guess ,maybe I speak foolish but I cant see what could go wrong exept that job on field.  Cutter work and cut ok, just somethimes got that glitch..

thanx 4 every advice

I would try cutting the same file with a different piece of software to see if it is the software causing your problems. The cutter will not discriminate between different parts of the cut so I am going to rule out the cutter. If the design has successfully cut before, but is not now, then we can probably rule out the design. So our culprit must be our software.