Sign in to follow this  
sustainablegraphics

Any Luck With MH 871, Snow Leopard, and Sign Cut

Has anyone had any luck with running Sign Cut X2, Snow Leopard and an MH 871?  I'm attempting right now, but it keeps crashing.  Does SignCut even work on an MH 871, because it isn't listed in their support area?

Well, its a few problems I guess.

SignCut keeps crashing, so I think that is a software issue with Snow Leopard.

But then my second question is whether SignCut is compatible with my cutter.  I tried the settings in that post, but they didn't work either. 

Also, the one time I was able to run a preview cut, it appeared as though it was mapping a cut that would essentially cut across the design diagonally.

here is the contact name for the SignCut  software  moderator,   send him a PM   and also read his posts and answers   I do not use either the machine or the software,.  also put a support ticket in at the SIgncut site.  also alot of people with  Mac purchase a keyspan adapter,  cheaper to buy on EBAY

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?action=profile;u=1523

Thank you very much for your help.  I got it to cut.  I'm not sure how, and I'm not sure if I can repeat it, but it worked twice in a row.

I might just get a cheap copy of XP to run in boot camp with Signcut or whatever the other software was that came with my cutter.

probably a good idea,  I just bought another XP laptop for backup,,  I keep my businees on one computer,  my personal on another,,  I keep my cutter plugged into my computer all the time. 

One note about running bootcamp, parralells or similar dual OS programs, the new OS will assign a new set of unique hardware ID numbers to your computer which will be seen as a new computer by our server. This will create a license transfer, and if you run again on the OSX side it will transfer back. A setup like this would make it easy to exhaust your alloted 5 transfers rather quickly. If it is a problem drop me an email before you use all 5 and I will clear them so you may trouble shoot and get a setup that works correctly for you.

Our anti-piracy setup allows you to uninstall and reinstall Signcut as often as you like on the same computer with the same hardware ID numbers, unfortunately running a second OS or reformating your computer will create a new set of numbers  creating a transfer instead of just a fresh reinstall.

Our policy is to review your transfers and we are quite liberal when clearing them if the transfers were created simply by troubleshooting.

Should you ever need to clear them yourselves because you actually used up your transfers without it being a onetime reconfiguration problem you may do so simply by logging into our website and purchasing a subscription extension, this will clear the transfers and add to your subscription. You may purchase as little as one month to do this.

Kimon Brown

kimon@signcutusa.com

So Kimon you are saying that if you duel boot on your computer you must only run the software on one of the operating systems? Or do you mean you just cannot duel boot with SignCut installed?