Nothing wrong with that. I've been self-employed for over 20 years and I know the government gets their pound of flesh if you starve. I think the problem with the shops around here is that they would rather be doing the big jobs and just don't want to be bothered with some guy wanting a few magnets or banners. When I was paying someone to do my signs,before I learned to do it myself, I could never get in touch with the guy except on his cell phone he was always out somewhere with his cherry-picker working on the high dollar stuff and I had to wait 2 weeks for a banner which he charged me dearly for.

And then Fed_EX Kinkos and others like them come along and (Like Walmart) drive the little guys out of business.

The only way the small shops are gonna stay in business is to offer SEVICE and quality at a reasonable rate.Too many people fall victem to the "I'm not doing as much as I used to so I'll raise my prices to make up for it' instead of finding other ways to increase business. And eventually,they price themselves out of the market.

Of course,if you are lucky enough to be the only game in town (or in your case,in the area) you will survive. Convenience is STILL something that counts.