gogetemgraphix

need help with enlarging text and fonts

what i am wanting to do is put one number inside of another, and alos text to create an outline effect. my problem is when i enlarge them they do not line up right and when i change it in coreldraw by thickening the outline and send it to signcut, it sends the original not the altered one, even when i save it. can anyone help me. B)

I am not too familiar with corel, but i would think it has some of the same features as Freehand mx which has a tool called "inset path", so what i do is make the lettering i want with whatever font i want, then i use the "add points" tool to convert it to paths rather than just text, copy and paste the text so i have an exact copy, then use the "inset path" tool where you can select how much you want decrease the size. If you are doing a multi color job, make sure that your different text layers have are different colors before you send them to the cutter.

like i said i am not familiar with corel so this "how to" might not work for you but here are some examples

insettext.jpg

Are you trying to do this?

I dont use corel, so i really cant help you much. I use WinPCSign... 

single color...for example say i have one set of numbers one size and want to make another set larger to put under the other set to create an outline effect with them. i have coreldraw 12 and inkscape.

thanks

lue anne

i havent recieved my plotter yet, but i know that w most plotters if your cutting directly from corel

you have to have the line weight set to .oo1mm .

setting a thicker outline wont work.

you need to use the contour tool and set it the distance desired from the

text, then seperate it frome the original.