boomerbabe

Pricing and application questions

Hi Everyone

This is our 1st vinyl quote. I have 2 questions:

What should I price this at? The black is  approx 22.5 x 8, the red 22.5 x1 inches

I figured $25 RTA

Installed $70 (figuring $45 for an hour's work - could be waaay off on this since we have never installed anything  :thumbsup: )

2nd question: Would I cut the black whole and then apply the red directly over or should I cut the black where the red crosses it so that it is totally flush with the black?

This is to be installed on a van. I'm extremely new to this vinyl stuff.

Thanks for all your input. I need to have the quote before 7pm today See attached design

post-6451-1298654635254_thumb.jpg

post-6451-12986546362659_thumb.jpg

Price sounds good

Yes cut the whole black part and then lay the red overtop of the black.

Thanks, James. Having a bit of a disagreement with my partner on the installation charge. He feels that we shouldn't charge this much per hr since we have never done an installation before and what if we screw it up. We do know that the potential customer had just wording done on 3 locations for $50. Already told her we couldn't do it for that.

Does it matter whether or not you have done an installation before on how much to charge?    The price is for the decal installed correctly.  If you screw it up, you'll have to go recut it and re-install it, the customer won't be charged extra for that, right? 

Even so, it should only take you about 10 minutes to install that, maybe a few more since it is your first time.  Practice installing one on a piece of coroplast or your own vehicle, it's only a buck in vinyl or so.

I charge $35 an hour with a 1 hour minimum but I usually take my time. Nothing pisses a customer off like seeing you charge $35 for 15 minutes work.

I could charge $20 an hour and make money..realistically speaking, I pay around $1.50 a yard for Oracal 651 and if I charge $20 for the decal, I'm making a nice profit already.

One way to find out...if the customer won't pay.

You can always go down but not up.

Guest fivestar

I have to agree with your partner......Since you never had any experience I wouldn't charge $45.00 per hr.  You're saying it's going to take you an hour to install that, it would take me about 10-15 minutes. 

So I would charge a 1/2 hr for install at $50.00 per hr and I would be at $25.00 for RTA.

I'd be right there too, 25 RTA, another 20-25 to install. it really won't take just a few minutes, and if you're worried about messing it up, cut two of it just in case. If I have something simple like that and am doinga mobile install, I'll cut double, then give them a deal if they want the second one.

im new also, and have been getting a lot of decal work from coworkers,,,,forgive the stupid question, but when it comes to pricing, what does "rta" mean?

Hi Everyone

This is our 1st vinyl quote. I have 2 questions:

What should I price this at? The black is  approx 22.5 x 8, the red 22.5 x1 inches

I figured $25 RTA

Installed $70 (figuring $45 for an hour's work - could be waaay off on this since we have never installed anything  ;D )

2nd question: Would I cut the black whole and then apply the red directly over or should I cut the black where the red crosses it so that it is totally flush with the black?

This is to be installed on a van. I'm extremely new to this vinyl stuff.

Thanks for all your input. I need to have the quote before 7pm today See attached design

I'd be at about $35 and I'd install it. Super simple.