Sign in to follow this  
sarconastic

Household recovering from H1N1....

Haven't been on much lately,  me the wife and my son have all had the H1N1 Virus. Sitting here right now breaking out in a sweat while typing. This stuff is weird to say the least. affects everyone a little different. I'm on day 4 feeling better but still up and down, the wife has the congestion and sore throat, I never really got the sore throat at all. 16 year old son soared through it. Made my bones and joints hurt like hell.  I sweat then I freeze, get a headache and then feel fine.

Not getting a lot of cutting done, but my customers are being real understanding right now. Hopefully in a few days I will be able to get back to work.

Take care everyone.

Kevin

That sucks, sorry to hear it. Yea it seems like when the kids are in the mid teens they get over stuff like this like nothing. Years ago I had pneumonia that had me layed out for almost a month, but my younger brother who was about 15-17 at the time got over it in a few days like it was nothing.

Sorry to hear the family has been suffering it is really going around here in lower Mich - several schools closed

Started with the grandchildren that are in school and rolled through us from there. Im the last one. Spent a lot of time in bed and recliner. Its real bad around here. Our local doctors tried to get the schools closed but it fell on deaf ears. Now absenteism is real high.

Whoa...were you diagnosed by a doctor, officially and everything?

Crazy..hope you feel better and stay home haha.

Guest kenya

Sorry to hear it.

It does effect everyone differently. It's going around my little town now.

Was just in the grocery store & a lady was totally sick (you know what I mean), right in the store.

They were cleaning everything. I told a clerk to clean the doors down.

I bought a bottle of alcohol & as soon as I walked outside, I poured some into & husbands and myself's hands. I know that no one thought about cleaning the door handles with the EMS & all, going crazy in there.

Get plenty of rest! You can only battle this with strength.

Me , my family & granddaughter went thru those same symptoms a few weeks ago . I am not sure if it was N1H1 or some other flu . The other flu kills 36,000 Americans per year .. YIKES . A 18 year old boy died from H1N1 just a few days ago . He was a nephew of a man I moved a mobile home for . I am very apprehensive because of the contact link back to the boy who was diagnosed by a doctor with H1N1 ... mainly because of me being in contact with my 14 month old granddaughter .

That family told me the doctors were not sure if it was H1N1 & said the symptoms were the same .

A couple of my friends have gotten this already....I FEEL FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY...Hope all is well soon

James

Home to eat and back to the Hospital. my oldest daughter is home this weekend from college and woke up real sick - ER is PACKED  every room and waiting room

I thought today I was feeling so much better. Got up and made  quick 10 minute drive to the store. Big mistake. Took me an hour to recover after I got home. Guess I'll take it a bit slower for a while.

Thing is, it's impossible to avoid it when you have kids, and work a day job that involves the mentally handicapped. I used sanitizer constantly, washed my hands, avoided touching my face etc. Still got me.

hope anyone else that gets it fairs as well as us. nothing serious, just miserable for a few days  ;D

Thanks everyone for the concern.

Kevin

Guest kenya

Home to eat and back to the Hospital. my oldest daughter is home this weekend from college and woke up real sick - ER is PACKED  every room and waiting room

Scott, I hope that she'll be alright.

Let us know. ;D

I am still curious, how do you know this is H1N1? Was this diagnosed by a doctor? People often self-diagnose a flu but often they're wrong...the flu symptoms are often much worse than people realize...hence the reason flu shots are a good idea (no you can't get the flu from flu shots since it's a dead virus but still tricks the body into building antibodies).

Hope you feel better, the flu is no joke!

I thought today I was feeling so much better. Got up and made  quick 10 minute drive to the store. Big mistake. Took me an hour to recover after I got home. Guess I'll take it a bit slower for a while.

Thing is, it's impossible to avoid it when you have kids, and work a day job that involves the mentally handicapped. I used sanitizer constantly, washed my hands, avoided touching my face etc. Still got me.

hope anyone else that gets it fairs as well as us. nothing serious, just miserable for a few days  ;D

Thanks everyone for the concern.

Kevin

Scott, I hope that she'll be alright.

Let us know. ;D

Just got her home after 5.5 hrs - lots of test - an iv and toroidal plus she is going to miss school tomorrow - don't want her driving 2 yrs away on the toroidal  but I don't think it is the H1N1 at this point.  they told ehr whe has to stay on the clear diet tonight and see how tomorrow goes

thanks vette

I hope everybody fairs well  ;D

I have read the most common way to introduce a virus into your body is to scratch/rub your eyes .

Yeah touching any mucus membrane is a no-no if your hands are infected. Best prevention is to wash your hands a good bit...especially after touching kids or other people (hate to say it but yeah). Just be discreet so ya don't hurt feelings lol.

I've read that the flu virus (dunno about H1N1) thrives in dry, cold environments...just like most office-buildings....super super cold. So yeah, offices combined with lots of people don't help matters. It helps if you're not around people sneezing too....amazing how far that stuff travels.

Whoa...were you diagnosed by a doctor, officially and everything?

Crazy..hope you feel better and stay home haha.

The grandkids were diagnosed by a doctor after all the tests. One had mono to go with it. That was really rough. Its the secondary infection that gets you.

Just read an article last night that said if you had the flu this fall ... most likely it was the H1N1 strain .

Sorry to hear it, but the sad fact is, you hear about it EVERYWHERE!!  I know someone whos family came down with it and it only lasted about 4 days (which is bad enough when you feel lousy)

Remember to wipe down those shopping carts to!!!

That is all is lasted for my family . If it doesn't attack somewhere else in your body , you have some immunity from then on . If it attacks , things go downhill VERY fast . The 18 year old in Glen Bernie , Md only lasted a week . ( Hi MJ  ;D )

Doc told us you need help if u get flu for a few days, get better then get it again a lot worse. That is HINI signature. When fever gets in the 103 104 range time for medical help. Kids got over 104 and stayed is reason we went to ER.

Yep, there's a Swine Flu outbreak here in SoCal too..saw it on the news tonight. The good thing is, human antibodies will kick in once you are infected, and the flu shot is a good idea if you're looking for a preventive measure. Amazing how flu viruses keep mutating and/or cross species boundaries.

At least we live in 2009 and doctors understand germ-theory and there's something we can do about it! :)