jimcr

Signit and Corel

Ran into a little trouble trying to 3D shadow from corel with signit.

ran signit added the 3d shadow looked great on screen and paper , but when I went to cut the shadow my cutter went kind of nuts,

thinking it was a vibrator instead of cutting some of the lines it vibrated where the line should have been. and cutting smoothly others.

Took same graphic into Signblazer shadowed in3d and it worked fine.

Anyone else had any problems with corel or signit?

I Like cutting much better from Signcut but it wont' do this shadow, any help would be great.

Jim

I use Corel X3 with SignCut, about a year ago the SignIt feature stopped linking correctly. Now I either contour or just duplicate and then position for shadow prior to trimming (shaping) an object in Corel. Perhaps that's an acceptable solution for you too.

Could you please post or email a sample file for us to look at?

Email to kimon@signcutusa.com

jimcr, if you look at your design as a wire frame and select the shadow with the shape tool. You will see in the bottom information window, on the left hand side there are 3154 nodes. If you look at the top menu bar and to the right you will see 3 dots to the left of (reduce nodes), select this. To the right of (reduce nodes) key in 8 and hit enter. This will reduce your nodes to 375 nodes without any distortion or you could just hit the (reduce node) and it will reduce them down to 503. Jimcr, I hope this helps you.

Rod

Thanks Just setup for a test cut, going fishing right now, last nice day for a week , salmon run going on.

Let you know how it comes out .

Jim

Thanks rodh2

That did it , job done . Customer is installing I will post a picture when he gets them put on . Thanks for the help.

Jim

Thanks rodh2

That did it , job done . Customer is installing I will post a picture when he gets them put on . Thanks for the help.

Jim

You're welcome happy to help.

Rod

Posting a picture of the finished graphic, sorry about the quality it was from my cell and was raining .

post-4591-12986546712167_thumb.jpg

post-4591-12986546725228_thumb.jpg