Sign in to follow this  
BLKSUNSHINE

Value Added Cap-Press (US CUTTER)

Hi Guys,

So I've been doing shirts for sometime, and I just purchased a Value-Added Cap Press. I'll be using the Siser Easyweed vinyl material (heated)

My questions? Does anyone have any experience with heat temps? (Yes, they give you instructions for the Easyweed vinyl) but I found the temeperatures to be way off using my t-shirt press? Just looking to see if I can save some material and time by posting and asking?

Many thanks in advance, and I appreciate your support!

Kevin

If pressing the vinyl at the manufacturers specs isn't working, it's more than likely a problem with the press, not the material.  You can get a temp gun and check that the actual temp matches your setpoint on the press, and also check for cold spots.  Bad vinyl is possible, but it's less likely.

Having said that, I usually press about 5-10 degrees F higher than the specs.

If pressing the vinyl at the manufacturers specs isn't working, it's more than likely a problem with the press, not the material.  You can get a temp gun and check that the actual temp matches your setpoint on the press, and also check for cold spots.  Bad vinyl is possible, but it's less likely.

Having said that, I usually press about 5-10 degrees F higher than the specs.

Do you also have a hat press? (I'm pretty set on shirts) I agree with you on the 5-10 degrees F higher  ;D

(Not sure how the hat press will differ from a shirt press?)

I appreciate your help.

Kevin  ;D