I have been asked quote a 4x6 sign. It will be mounted to the front of a brick building. It is 1 sided with a 4 color design but would be very easy to do in vinyl. They do want me to install it and they are about a 30 min drive one way. I was thinking about using either alumalite or dibond, both cost about 100 bucks. Would 350-375 range be right for a sign like this. I normally just do vinyl so I could be way off.

I would charge $375 for the sign using cast (if it's permanently mounted I use cast) with the flutes capped and glued.

installation would be an additional $150.  if I had to drive an hour round trip it'd be an additional $65.  I'd add more if it involves ladder work. if you're uncomfortable doing it by yourself and need, keep in mind to charge enough to pay for your laborer. $215 might sound like a lot for four screws, but my customers are welcome to do it themselves if they want. i've got to pay for gas, tirewear, lunch, time spent driving, loading the truck, unloading the truck, loading the truck, unloading the truck, more tapcons, etc.

Thanks for all the input. I will give them my quote this week.

Thanks for the welcome local 3921

What about hiring a handyman for the install?  There are plenty around looking for work, you could probably even make a little profit on it and you don't have to buy any tools/supplies.

What about hiring a handyman for the install?  There are plenty around looking for work, you could probably even make a little profit on it and you don't have to buy any tools/supplies.

Snap, that is a very good idea, I never thought about that. I am lazy and hate to climb too! thanks for the tip. :huh:

I never thought about that either. Only down side would be if you hired some smuck that talked good but really had no clue what he was doing, and now you have your name on a bad install and end up doing it yourself anyway.

I know in my case I already have all the tools and my helper has been doing construction for about 40 years, I call him Dad. :huh: