Sign in to follow this  
D4kustomz

New Windows

Do you mean Vista ?.... That should have no barring what so ever on this plotter (and now plotters) you see Vista is an operating system.... yet as long as you have a cutting program (i.e.) Flexi , ArtCut, SignGo, and signlab(there are many others) ..... that is what would effect the operation of the plotter ...not your operating system ....So as long as your cutting software is compatible with your operating system then it should not matter whatsoever....

Now maybe a better question is is your cutting software compatible with Vista ? I (being a gambling man;l not so much that football season is over but...LOL)

would say that Microsoft 's venture would include all old apps as well as ALOT of new Apps to be compatable with Vista ......... So if I were to take my better judgement I would say this :

Vista is not going to make a differerance as long as you have a cutting softwre that is compatible to Windows 98 ...xp...and now Vista  .....mayne nor so much 98 ...but I think that you would get the Idea .....I would say that maybe only about 5 % run 98...85% xp AND 10% vISTA ..

sO YOU SEE THEY HAVE TO MAKE THE NEW SOFTWRE COMPATIBLE WITH THE OLD ...

opps sorry about the screaming ...lol .... caps lock ...

Now off subject..... as to Vista I wouldnt even upgrade your software yet because of bugs ....ie, XBOX  it took them 3 tries to finally get it right .... 3rd generation was gauranteed to be bug free.......so I would wait to shell out the $250 in upgrades ....plus in a week you can upgrade on www,morpheus,com  for free.....

but in the words of Billy ,,,,just my 2 cents

The reason i have said anything about it is beacuse ALot of ppl are haveing problems with printer/Scanners and so on as of what i hear M.Soft sayes it maybe a few weeks before they fix all this ... thats why i was just asking ... Thanx for your reply bear

Ps I wouldnt of paid for it but i bought a new laptop just for the plotter/shop

I remember when they went to 2000 and xp.Half of the devices you tried to install were buggy.I even had one computer with 98 that I had to run for quite a while because I couldn't install most of my software programs on xp.I was building computers for a computer store when they first came out with xp,and we made some good money from the people bringing in their computers with hardware and software issues.The first versions of any windows I think are just guinea pigged out to the consumers.Then through the support tool they find the bugs and issue patches on a regular basis,like patch tuesday.I may buy a version of vista later on.But for right now,my computers are running everything I need with no problems.But like Beardown says I say,that's just my 2 cents.