Sign in to follow this  
seretni

Problem "closing" cuts and sharp corners

Hi everyone  :)

Im having some problems with my cutter , I provide a pic to show you what i mean.

When it cuts some parts (specially circular ones) the cutter seems that it doesnt finish the cut it takes the blade off before closing the path so when im weeding i have to cut the milimeter left by hand and its turning me mad :S

Also when doing really small leters (with big ones it doesnt happen so much ) the corners arent sharp it makes every corner a bit rounded, the smaller the graphic the more roundiness it makes :S

I think it is due to some software settings because i have recently changed to FLEXI and if i remember correctly SignBlazer didnt do this things.

Also i have a question, what is the blade offset?? Do i have to adjust it in order to make better cuts? because i havent done so,

thank you everyone :)

post-6144-12986546031609_thumb.png

post-6144-12986546050556_thumb.png

yes you have to change the blade offset, this is what compensates for the blade not being centered in the holder.  start out at .25 and adjust in .05 increments until your cuts are closing good.

yes you have to change the blade offset, this is what compensates for the blade not being centered in the holder.  start out at .25 and adjust in .05 increments until your cuts are closing good.

DO NOT USE THAT    .25 in Flexi............Flexi is in inches.    SignBlazer  is .25 MM

ok ill make some adjustments :)

And about the sharp corners?? :S

the brand of cutter varies for Blade offset,,  Graphtec is 0 

it is your offset..  you have not stated what version of Flexi you are using,,  so guess Flexi 8.5-8.6    enter  some text on your layout screen>  click cut/plot>  your production manager opens  >  upper left corner  below your cutter brand is a bar that say  PROPERTIES>  CLICK IT,  SCREEN CHANGES,  to Default job properites,  click the picture at the top that looks like a blade/knife,  screen changes,  look for knife offset.. , check it and change to what you want,, you will have to do adjustments and test,  put the  quality  at medium,, click APPLY and OK, 

I am using signcut, my cuts are starting before the letters, shapes, whatever. Offset is at .15. Do you adjust up or down?

I think Signcut is inches

I am using signcut, my cuts are starting before the letters, shapes, whatever. Offset is at .15. Do you adjust up or down?

I think Signcut is inches

It is. You want to use .025 in SC and adjust by .05 increments.

It would sure help if you  stated what Flexi you are using... different versions are different areas. It is hard to help you, If we don't know what exact software you are using.  click /cut plot/  it is in one of the tabs.  ...Also at the top of your layout screen is HELP, Help topics/ can answer/ show/ you alot of where your tools are in Flexi

The problem about te help is that my hel file is in spanish and the words are not the same ven traducted :)

But my flexi 8.5 PRO is in spanish  ;D

Thank you i will look for that in a minute

Guest sciondrgn

The blade offset is in the production manager, click on the options and Default Job Properties.

The problem about te help is that my hel file is in spanish and the words are not the same ven traducted :)

But my flexi 8.5 PRO is in spanish  ;D

Thank you i will look for that in a minute

You should be able to set it up in English,  It covers all languages.

ok nevermind I found the option :) It was under advanced TAB (that tab is made enterely from pure awesomes)

Now my cuts are coool ;D

thank you all