Sign in to follow this  
rgaskins

Windows 7 And Flexi 8.1

I know it didn't work right with Vista but it seemed to work great on the beta version of Windows 7...Just thought you guys would like to know since so many people had Flexi 8.1 and couldn't get it to run on Vista....

the "Vista Issue" seems to be with the 64-bit version, it work fine on the 32-bit version, in all of the tests I have done.

im going to load flexi 8.1 on my windows 7 64bit tonight.  i will report back what I find.

got it installed and have cut three logos for a customer.  Runs fine and I think it is quicker now than it was on XP.  I have to say I am very impressed with Windows 7.  Im a linux/unix guy but win7 has impressed me. 

Guest Hugo Valencia

glad to know it works on win7, cant wait to get that in my system and test some cutters with it.

Thanks for finding that out. Found out that my usb serial adapter works today, so i guess i can go buy a new laptop and still cut with out problems

Guest sciondrgn

No problem on my flexi 8 and win 7 here ;D works great

Here at US Cutter we have tested all of our value line cutters with Windows 7 successfully. I am currently having issues with a Graphtec Craft Robo Pro on a 64 bit Windows 7 system. Actually it runs great but the Graphtec Robo Master Pro design software does not want to see the cutter. So we are just using SignCutPro with Illustrator and it works great!

I brought home my laptop from my day job, it is running windows 7 32bit and flexi ran fine on it.

Just finishing my 4th job since installing Win7 and have had zero issues with it.  Im a happy camper for sure.  :thumbsup:

Glad to hear good reports on the new windows - sure is different than when vista was released!

Guest sciondrgn

How easy/hard is it to upgrade to windows 7 from vista. Late last month, my home computer crashed so I have recently purchased a new Velocity Micro computer(very impressed, nicely built computer)... and they gave me a free upgrade to windows 7 but I haven't upgraded yet.

Its really easy, just pop the disc in and run.. It gives you two options. an actual upgrade or a fresh install. I personally always go for fresh installs. It backs up your old version of windows in a c:windows-old folder in case you need anything.. but just backup all your files and run first.. My pc literally took less than 30 minutes and it was done doing a fresh install

Guest sciondrgn

Cool... thanks.

With a "fresh install" did you have to reinstall everything?

Yup,

When you do the upgrade it just patches windows vista to windows 7 and it attempts to keep your programs in tact and running but it even says it doesn't guarantee it and you might have to reinstall certain things..

From what I know it does keep your installed softwares, but certain plug-ins and drivers etc... will probably need to be reinstalled.

Here at US Cutter we have tested all of our value line cutters with Windows 7 successfully. I am currently having issues with a Graphtec Craft Robo Pro on a 64 bit Windows 7 system. Actually it runs great but the Graphtec Robo Master Pro design software does not want to see the cutter. So we are just using SignCutPro with Illustrator and it works great!

A Curious Newbie Here:  I just purchased a used Craft Robo Pro II.  I have Windows 7 and have tried to install the 64 bit driver with no success.  Same as above - the cutter does not show in the output settings box of robo master software.  I do not have the sign cut software and prefer not to have to learn another software.  Does anyone have ANY suggestions?  I sent an e-mail to support but am waiting on a response.

THANKS

Guest fivestar

A Curious Newbie Here:  I just purchased a used Craft Robo Pro II.  I have Windows 7 and have tried to install the 64 bit driver with no success.  Same as above - the cutter does not show in the output settings box of robo master software.  I do not have the sign cut software and prefer not to have to learn another software.  Does anyone have ANY suggestions?  I sent an e-mail to support but am waiting on a response.

THANKS

Have you tried to install this driver?  http://www.graphtecamerica.com/imaging_software/CP-Drivers/CraftROBOPro/OPS660VER2.40E_X64.zip  and have you tried calling Graphtec's tech support  (888) 318-3247

I downloaded all my files again and now I got my Windows 7 (64 bit) laptop to accept everything and it shows up in the output settings portion.  I have very new to all this - I had been using Sure Cuts Alot with the Cricut but my business was growing enough to warrant a bigger machine.  But I have a HUGE amount to learn it looks like (guess I will be using the cricut for a little longer).  Anyway the next problem I have, when I click "cut" or "output to plotter" I get the message "cutter plotter controller startup failure".  anyone have any suggestions why this is?  I REALLY appreciate everyone's help!