MaderDesign

Received my 3rd cutter and still problems

OK,

The crawfish file cuts pretty well, I do see a jagged line cut on his 1st of 3 little legs closest to his claw, the straight line cut on it.

Once you open the pic hover mouse over the pic and hit that Expand button or it looks like sh*t.

post-5921-12986546188751_thumb.jpg

post-5921-12986546207691_thumb.jpg

HOLY COW!  That looks TERRIBLE.  I can say that, it's my file, and I cut 8 of these today.  That's not what's it's supposed to look like.  There is definetely something wrong!  Looks to me that ALL of the lines are wavy.

What the heck is going on with these 871's?:thumbsup::huh:???

Preston, once you open this pic, Hover over it and once the Expand thing in the lower right corner appears , click it to make the pic largewr, it looks MUCH better then.

I thought WOW that looks like shyte in this pic but in person looks better until I hit that expand button.

Try that.

PHEW!!! That looks pretty good.  Sorry 'bout that. 

Yeah, that's the way it's supposed to look. 

Seems to me the problem isn't with the machine.  Just some files cut better than others.  Curious what would happen if Mader cut the same file.

What we gotta remember tho is that Mader cut without any computer hooked to the machine. Apparently his test-cuts were getting the wavy-lines, which made a lot of us think it was hardware.

The file is one thing, but consider also the software you're cutting with. SBE vs. Signcut vs. Flexi.

Like Saturday Night Live.

SBE and the Not ready for Prime Time Players! LOL :o:huh:

I think he has cut with it hooked up to his computer.

I havent added that signcut one yet because it's only for a year, and I wanted to wait until I had a better understanding of all this cutter and software stuff.

Why waste a year until I am ready to use it I thought. :thumbsup:

What we gotta remember tho is that Mader cut without any computer hooked to the machine. Apparently his test-cuts were getting the wavy-lines, which made a lot of us think it was hardware.

The file is one thing, but consider also the software you're cutting with. SBE vs. Signcut vs. Flexi.

Hardware?

Consider this: Machine cuts fine at his mothers, 10 miles away.

Preston's machine cuts fine at Preston's house, but not at Mader's house.

I don't think it's a hardware issue.

Mader was dealing simply with a test-cut, not a graphic sent by a computer. It worked at his mother's and his friend's hardware worked, but his cutter and his friend's cutter don't work correctly in his home. I bet he could replicate this by taking his machine back to his mom's and no doubt it would work fine again.

There's something interfering with the cutter in his environment. Another test would be to bring a totally new cutter into the environment, even of a different brand, and see if the error can be replicated.

The software/graphic thing is a separate issue. I am calling it 'hardware' because it's something interfering with the hardware....whatever it is, it's his environment (not software) because he was using testcuts built-into the machine itself.

If anyone lives close to Mader it would be interesting to see if the error can be replicated with a known-good cutter in Mader's environment. Or, if Mader decided to send the cutter back to U.S. Cutter, U.S. Cutter could test it and see if they get the wavy-line issue.

Hardware?

Consider this: Machine cuts fine at his mothers, 10 miles away.

Preston's machine cuts fine at Preston's house, but not at Mader's house.

I don't think it's a hardware issue.

let me rephrase...I don't think there is anything wrong with the cutter itself.And I never have.

Mader's own words:

I did a "test" cut at my grandmas and couldn't see the jagged, i could be wrong or a fluke cut. But i didnt see or so my mind was telling me this.

Agreed! :thumbsup:

let me rephrase...I don't think there is anything wrong with the cutter itself.And I never have.

Looks like Mader is taking a break on the issue.

Mader if you could get one of those cutters sent back to us so we can confirm once and for all that this is a completely environmental issue that would be great. Once we get this totally and completely confirmed for everyone here we can move forward from there.

I would really like to see if you get this issue with a nicer cutter like a Copam. My guess would be no.. but since we really do not know what is causing this it is obviously only a guess. You have my contact info Mader, if you need anything (RMA #) let me know.

Levi, the 2nd cutter is back to you, i have shipping confirmation that says it's back to you guys already.

Tracking # 044878460002155

if you wanna send me a copam to try i'd be more than welcome to try, we could keep the credit card on file just to reassure that I will return it lol. But Preston should have his cutter beginning of next week via FedEx.

So what do you think it is then? Environment causing the issue?

yes, I do. I know that things like this can happen. Awhle back, I had a DVD player in my room at the back of the house,and it caused interferance(lines, snow,etc) on the TV in the living room...even when it was turned off but still plugged in. Where I used to live, every time my neighbor used his microwave, my wireless connection would drop..and his house was 200 feet from mine. NO telling what it is in your case but something is definately not right.

I would keep up hopes for the Copam if I were you. If it does the same thing,  no idea what the next step would be.

Definitely environment, allowing for the fact that it could be environment affecting certain models (as tested) with an inference that your environment should affect all cutters in the same way. It's possible that 'higher-end' cutters are better-shielded in some way and thus would not be quite as sensitive to whatever in your environment is wreaking havoc with your MH-871.

You had 3 identical new cutters give the same results there, and a known-good cutter belonging to your friend (same model) acted up in your environment. Your cutter worked fine at your mom's and chances are all 3 cutters would have worked fine at your mom's if you tested all 3 there. The fact that your cutter worked ok at your mom immediately points to environment OR, environment affecting that particular type of cutter (though we can infer that it will affect others).

Now, if U.S. Cutter reports that it cuts ok it's even more confirmation that it's your environment and how it interacts with *a particular model* of cutter.

If you tested a known-good *different model* cutter there (like a new or known-good Copam from U.S. Cutter), chances are it will give the same results (that's the prediction based on the observed fact). The theory is that it's your environment, and it hasn't been disproved yet.

The grounds for falsification for the environment being the sole-culprit would be to test a known good cutter that is not what you bought or is better quality (in case it's a shielding issue). If you can get the Copam, for example, *not* to exhibit wavy lines using a test cut built into the machine (not from software, which adds variables), then it could be something related to a particular type of machine combined with how your environment affects it. I am just inferring that your environment should affect all cutters the same way since most cutters are fundamentally the same, but it remains to be tested. As some higher end cutters have what can be assumed to be better parts, the higher-end cutters may perform fine in your environment.

The way to replicate a 'good' environment on a troubled machine is to bring the machine to your mom's and test there. If you can see errors with the Copam in your environment, and see it work fine at your mom's then we can be very sure it's your environment as the common cause of all the issues you're seeing. One thing you can hope for is that a 'higher end' cutter works fine and then you'll have an excuse to upgrade. :thumbsup:

So what do you think it is then? Environment causing the issue?

I've been cutting with the cutter lately and with some objects that are at an angle i have found a solution in a way by rotating it a bit to make sure it cuts vertically on the cutter. It has worked so far, and I just cut a few things out and can't see the jagged lines in a curvy design. It's only with it's a straight line.

I'm hoping maybe possibly US Cutter has a refurb Copam would other high end they would be willing to ship to test the unit just to see if it really is environment cause this and if a high end model responds to this as well.

But it's strange now others are having the same issues as me.

Guys I really just wanna say thank you so much for everything you guys have done so far in helping me try to solve this issue. Never would I have thought so many people would give a crap or even wanna help. Really though, I hear people talk about what the forum used to be, and i'm glad it was nice then, but so far I couldn't ask for a single thing more from people. I'm trying everything I can I promise. If this comes down to something stupid then at least it fixes it for me and maybe that next person. I just hope we can stick with this thing and get it going. Like Nukleon had posted, any with a different cutter willing to come help me I would appreciate it. Hopefully USC will think of something to do. Thanks guys!

Maybe one of the tech guys from US Cutters could remote in to your computer and look around?

I have been following this like most others and must say it is interesting but I am sure you are still frustrated and just want it to cut,  My feelings are its the software not the cutters why not sure?  Have you tried deleting  Sb and re installing it?

I did try reinstalling when the new cutter came to me, even tried Sign Cut but didn't like it. I'd like to get Flexi for keeps and see how it is.

You're welcome Mader. Glad to help (along with others) and I hope you get it resolved.

mader,

what can i say mate except ............. stick with it . keep us informed. and that what friends are for on this forum. (even my wife is following this and wondering what it could be.!) and trust me if i was not half way around the world i would be there in a heart beat to try and help!. keep your chin up , there is a solution out there SOMEWHERE.

pete (in oz) 

Mader.

Late to the party and sorry to see you are having problems. I went through a similar situation with two LP24's before replacing with a Roland.

Not what you wanted to hear I'm sure... suddenly your $300 bargain turns into a $1,700 investment, but I have had ZERO problems since making the switch. Work with USCutter.

Daddy-o

This is interesting, since I was thinking in an earlier post that the more-expensive units might be shielded better or have parts which are less susceptible to interference.

Mader.

Late to the party and sorry to see you are having problems. I went through a similar situation with two LP24's before replacing with a Roland.

Not what you wanted to hear I'm sure... suddenly your $300 bargain turns into a $1,700 investment, but I have had ZERO problems since making the switch. Work with USCutter.

Daddy-o

I cut the Rockstar logo posted a few pages back exactly how it opened and oriented on my LP24 and every line was perfectly straight, no jagged lines at all.

I would agree that it definitely has to do with something in the vicinity causing interference, but we've gone from the obvious to the absurd, and nothing has changed it..