MaderDesign

Received my 3rd cutter and still problems

We've made sure nothing is wired backwards. My wifes step brother is an electrician and wired the entire house and also came back about a month ago to check on everything and i made sure my room was ok with all the electronics. But that wouldn't explain on the connections and my neighbors as well. I'd love to try an entirely different brand cutter.

OK MD,

I thought you were mad I posted in your thread, I only posted because many even myself thought you were doing or setting something up wrong.

I did not notice the Jaggies I have with the small Audry Hepburn, Marilyn Monroe decals I cut (all curved lines No straight cuts) or did not see any in the large 24"x11" 55 chevy I cut out, again not much in straight lines cut in that one either.

I did notice them as you can see when I went to cut my "IC Signs & Graphics" sign I made and just recently cut out.

In the picture showing the corner of the red skewed box you can see one side is cut straight and smooth the other has the Jaggie cuts.

2 sides cut straight, 2 sides cut with the Jagged cut. Notice the jaggies on the bottom of the N as well anything on that same axis it seems.

0.25 blade offset 9600 baud 24 for speed blade is Barely sticking out at all. USB hookup. Test cut small box with diamond shape has all looked fine.

Mine is also the MH 871, up until MD's posts on this I thought it may just be the quality of the cutter and a Roland would be in my future.

That red skewed box is 15"x12" so it's Not something small and detail oriented.

Basically I posted to show MD that he's Not alone, guess I may need to get ahold of uscutter and see just WTF can be done to FIX these 871's.

So far I have mainly just been playing with SBE creating files and not cutting much yet, I did just place a $660.00 651 Vinyl order with them yesterday, so I can begin cutting with better vinyl than the BGS stuff I ordered with my cutter.

post-5921-12986546138663_thumb.jpg

post-5921-1298654614631_thumb.jpg

Yuh I would def check and see if it continues to do this. I'll send ya the rockstar logo i'm using, try cutting it and tell me what you think. don't change the angles or size, just cut and see if you get the jagged edges like mine.

I'm beginning to wonder if people just aren't noticing these jagged lines or maybe a bad run of these?

I'd really like to see a different brand cutter and see if this is an issue with them. If anyone would like to volunteer to bring their cutter over and test i'm game for it. Or USCutter sending me a different brand to test :thumbsup: I wouldn't keep it unless it was fixed.

Rockstar Energy.SBD

Rockstar Energy.SBD

I'll download that tonight on my other computer that has all my cutter stuff SBE and that on it and give it a try and let you know.

I ordered my MH871 on 8/24/09.

IF I have all of 15 minutes cutting time on it I would be very surprized.

I've cut a few small decals, the larger 55 chevy and the IC Signs & Graphics sign I made that's 20"x30".

I made those small decals as tests and thought ok good i'm good to go and then have just been practicing using SBE.

When did you buy your 871? Mine shipped right here out of a chicago area warehouse.

So, Mader.  Today I was cutting 8 signs alike.  On about the 6th sign, it started cutting some wavy lines - just like yours and A&P.  Just a couple of lines.  So I made a test cut.  It was perfect, no waves.  So I cut your Rock Star logo.  The straight side of the R's came out wavy.  AND the straight line from top to lower left came out wavy.  So I made more test cuts - all perfect.  I finished cutting my signs without any problems.  

I started trying to purposely make the machine do this.  Changing pressure, speed, etc.  I even put the blade holder (AND the plotter pen) in VERY loosely.  I could barely get a wave out these tests.  Afterward, I cut several things using normal settings - all turned out great.

Not sure what this means if anything.  Just passing on the info.

Ok Mader, I may have it here or I may be crazy. I've never had this problem or so I thought. I cut some test cuts and a square on a skew. Looked at it with magnifying glass and it is wavy just can't see it with the naked eye. I tried playing around to make it worse and I did it. Don't have a clue what the espeed is for, searched here and found nothing. But mine is set to +5 and never a problem. When I changed this espeed setting the waves became visible with naked eye. Again not a clue what it does but try changing yours and do some cuts. Couldn't hurt.

I cut my earlier test stuff at like 60 and most everyone told me I needed to set more pressure, but it cut the small decals fine at the 50-60 setting.

Now I am wondering if this is a get worse as you go issue?

Are you satisfied with how yours cut that file preston?

I converted the Rockstar file to .eps and cut it in Flexi and it was perfect.

When I opened the .sbd file in SB it looked jagged to my eye.

This is going to be my last post here, If I can avoid it. Given the results from the last posts I have to repeat what I said earlier ADD A DROP OF OIL.  as I said before these just don't look like electrical problems it's the blade gliding across the vinyl as it turns a corner the knife doesn't turn to the right angle and causes skipping.   Good luck, I wish you all well.

ok so I cut it on the refine...with Flexi, and again it was perfect. Sraight and true..no jagged lines.

Send the cutter back to Preston and have him cut the file on the refine at his house.

Mader here's an idea:

Take your EPS, bring it into SignCut Productivity Pro (use a trial maybe if you don't have it) and cut your graphic. Any difference?

I could try cutting it here, but I only use SignCut with an LP24.

The crawfish file cuts almost perfectly for me.  Made 8 of these today.  Only 1 had a couple wavy lines.  I get some wavy lines on the Rock Star file.  I posted the crawfish file just to get Mader away from the same 2 cuts.

Lueman - should we oil the plotter pen as well?  LOL.  Just giving you a hard time.   :thumbsup:

As you can see from Mader's first posts when he got his cutter, the problem exists even when the plotter pen is installed - pretty much rules out a blade problem.

It's obvious the sbd rockstar file mader posted is a problem (not saying the only problem). I cut it from sb and got the same very pronounced jagged lines he's getting. Deleted some of the "curve" nodes on the straight lines and cut it again, it straightened out.

I took my blade holder out, and did find little bits of blue vinyk around the blade but was spinning freely.

I then cleaned it all off blade spins freely and recut MD's star file and it looks the same.

Now MY file was made in SBE and the red square has 2 sides straight, and 2 sides jagged.

And any straight line font or otherwise thats in line with the jagged axis is all also jagged.