MaderDesign

Received my 3rd cutter and still problems

Oh wow, yours is def doin the same thing. This is getting to be interesting.

Anyone else with an 871 try cutting stuff with angles? Take pictures of it and post it up so we can compare.

Preston, cut the Rockstar logo again and something else with angles and post up the results. I would like to compare ;D

I cut a similar font on my mh871.Here are the results. I cut in both directions to make sure that didn't make a difference.

post-249-12986546859588_thumb.jpg

post-249-12986546871023_thumb.jpg

I cut a similar font on my mh871.Here are the results. I cut in both directions to make sure that didn't make a difference.

Mine cuts fine at RIGHT angles also. The problem comes in when the letters are angled. Use that font and arc the text then cut it and see what happens.

I cut the file...just a tiny bit of jagged edge on the E.Nowhere else. However..I started from scratch, recreated the file using ARMY EXPANDED (the same I used before) in Flexi,and it cut perfect. What software are you using?

I just had a thought..I cut with the standard blade that came wqith the cutter. Has anybody tried cutting on a refine cutter with a more expensive blade, such as the clean cut?

I happen to have some Roland 60 degree cleancuts available if anyone needs one 16.00ea + shipping.  sold the copam and had to get graphtec blades now.  i have 4 left

I cut the file...just a tiny bit of jagged edge on the E.Nowhere else. However..I started from scratch, recreated the file using ARMY EXPANDED (the same I used before) in Flexi,and it cut perfect. What software are you using?

I'm using signblazer, roland blade 45 deg, oracal vinyl. I've never noticed this before but like I said I haven't done hardly anything that's angled. Usually I am cutting straight or curved text.

Well, I told Levi in an email that I was not going to pay for another mother board or pay to have my unit repaired as I paid for a new unit not a refurbished unit this was his reply, direct copy of the email:

"I am letting you know that I am not going to pay for the shipping return of the cutter after I have already paid next day air charges one for the mother board that you all but swore would solve the problems I was having.

Now you want me to pay shipping back to you on the cutter, be without my cutter for other week. I think you should just send me another NEW Cutter, I paid for a NEW CUTTER and replace the one that does not work.

If you are not going to replace this unit with a NEW one, as I paid for a NEW CUTTER, please refund the total of $369.98 and supply me with a Fed-Ex label to ship it back to you at no further expense to me.

I have lost $100

I think what levi is trying to tell you is that he is just an employee and has done all that he has the power to do. The next step would be to go over his head. You are trying to get Levi to do something  he doesn't have the power to do. You are just wasting your time barking up that tree, not to mention Levi's.

From what I hear, Brandon is above Levi,and above him is karl Bowman the President (not sure if he has an email but you can call him) and above him is Marcus, the owner. He is a member of the forum (Marcuso) and you can get his email from his profile.

as for getting a full refund..lots of luck on that. You can (and should already have,before you purchased) read the terms and conditions:

http://www.uscutter.com/Terms-and-Conditions_ep_2-1.html

If you make enough stink you might get lucky but I wouldn't bet the farm on it.

I understand  completely about Levi and I have no hard feelings towards him. I would not want his job in a million years. I have submitted a ticket like I was asked to by Levi, as I know it is beyond his control.

I think after two motherboards enough is enough. I do not want to go through what the other guy in this thread is going trough. I have lost way to much money and customers already.

Please forgive me as I do not have a cutter (yet), I don't know crap, and I bet you have exhausted all of the simple fixes.  I just ran across this on another board while I was googling for all the bad things another poster said was out there and thought it might help.  BTW, I looked for a good hour and didn't find a whole lot bad being said about USCutter.  Just trying to help because I want to solve this before I plunk down some good money on a device that sounded good until I ran into this thread.  Anyway here is a cut and paste, edited to shorten.

" Just got an MH-721, yay! I connected and it communicated without a problem, but it cuts wobbly lines. I've been calling USCutters support line for hours, but it says "the person at ext 7001 is unavailable."

Any advice!?

Check to see if the black box with the blade holder,, that is called the carriage, in the back of the black box is 2 lil wheels that sit on a track make sure thoes wheels are on the track ,, it souds like the wheels are off, just pick it up slightly and carefully and get it back on track,,

see if that helps,, both wheels need to be on track,,

Okay I'm looking at it as I type....does the whole white wheel need to be on the track, or does the little black part that sticks out the back of the white wheel go on the track???

the whole white wheel goes up and on, and then there is another one off tothe right that you cant see that needs to be on as well, the black part does not go on the track just the wheels..."

Hope this helps.

Yeah, I have had tons of issues with the phone system there too. I think I choose shipping and had them transfer me to support a couple times. Good luck with your cutter seems to be a them building in this tread.  ;D but I am may be wrong.

FrogDog, I know you mean well, but we covered that about 22 1/2 pages ago. We have taken this machine apart, adjusted belts, tightened screws, sent back 3 cutters, tried other owners cutters. The last thing there is to do would be test a higher end unit. I have still not received a response back from Levi about it. So we will see.

FrogDog, I know you mean well, but we covered that about 22 1/2 pages ago. We have taken this machine apart, adjusted belts, tightened screws, sent back 3 cutters, tried other owners cutters. The last thing there is to do would be test a higher end unit. I have still not received a response back from Levi about it. So we will see.

Well, there is one more thing to do... fighting0010.gif

Well guys I spoke to Brandon and we're going to go with a different brand cutter and send back the MH-871. Brandon called and just like before willing to help all he can for me. Just like I have said in the past pages upon pages, they have stuck by me the entire time and helped all that they can. We've tested everything with this cutter that we could have tested. It's just doesn't look like it's the cutter, after preston getting his back and it cutting fine and bannerjohn cutting fine as well. It must be an interference of some sort that is strong enough to mess my diagonal cuts up.

I want to thank everyone who has contributed to helping me and those who have stuck with me through the months of this. I've made the decision to go up to a better cutter and be done with it. I know this doesn't solve the issue I'm having with this cutter or others. But it does help me out and get me cutting with a good cutter.

UScutter, thank you for being there to help me all you can, Brandon and Levi for making those calls back and forth to try everything.

I never meant this to be a thread where people start bashing the cutters, and certainly do not want to tarnish UScutters name at all.

great to see that you have finally had an outcome to this problem mader. from the way this thread was going sometimes i didn't know which way was up and i think people tried to help but hijacked the thread to have a shot at uscutter . as a outsider who has never dealt with uscutter on a personal level (cause im not in the states). it sounds and look from this post , that uscutter even though they couldn't fix the problem as it was a unique to you . they still were willing to support you the customer.

i wished i had the support like that when i first brought my cutter. all i got was here is you p-cut 1200 that will be $2,000 Australian.when is asked about support they said and i quote" now piss off and support we dont do that cause it ALWAYS user error ,not our machine."

so mader im glad you brought this up so i can base other companies by uscutter standards.

pete

US Cutter would still be just another cheapie cutter seller on ebay if it wasn't for the excellent tech support. Sometimes they might appear to drop the ball, but in the end, they always come through.

Kudos to Levi for all the effort he put forth in trying to solve the problem, Mader.

I'll def back USCutter all the way to the bank, why? Because since the very first trouble I had there was someone on the phone with me walking me through trying to help. It's hard to find this from any company, not cause the techs don't want to help, but because they are not allowed to. Pretty much give them a solution and if it doesn't work oh well. I understand shipping got expensive but it is in their policy which no one can say isn't there. Brandon and Levi have both tried their hardest to cut shipping down for me, and Levi has even said from now on I don't have to pay shipping anymore for this thing.

I could have come on this forum and bashed bashed bashed but where would that have got me? No where, I'm hear to help as much as I can, but mostly learn from guys on here with years upon years experience. If I can help I will. I will continue to be on this forum.

I also understand that I'm not the only person calling into them complaining, they have their jobs to do and I can't expect each and every minute to be devoted to me. Did I ever think this thread would get to 24 pages? absolutely not. But like the vinyl tree said, others hijacked the thread posting their problems and bash uscutter. I will again say, I back them 100% and will continue to order from them.

I'm just glad we still have people on here that do care about others and not solely on themselves.

Ok, here is the latest update to my saga. Just spoke with Levi and hopefully we will get this straighten out. He is sending and I/O Board to replace the one I have along with a null Modem cable. Seems the one that got with the cutter is the wrong one.

I am going to test this in a couple days and see if this solves the issue. If not I am flying to Wa. and going postal. (That is a joke) If this odes not work then well we will have to see. Levi is a nice guy he just had the misfortune of dealing with a short tempered, red head Irishman and having to be the middleman. 

Hopefully this will work! Keep you fingers crossed. I will update once I get the new parts.

Oh ya, I did get the refund on the motherboard, so we are straight there.

[quote aI'm hear to help as much as I can, but mostly learn from guys on here with years upon years experience. If I can help I will. I will continue to be on this forum.

I'm just glad we still have people on here that do care about others and not solely on themselves.

+1 on that statement . thats why this forum is on , from the time i get up to the time i got to bed.

I'm always on the forum as well throughout the day, I leave it up on the computer and check it from my phones daily. It's a great community.

I'm hoping to possibly have a Copam at the house soon ;D