MaderDesign

Received my 3rd cutter and still problems

Ok found it, thought you meant set up in the software,

Mines a +5 Vale with Baud 9600.

Anyways, I'm gonna sitback and see what happens with Maders then contact Levi and go from their.

E speed? I have set the speed on the cutter from slow to fast and in setup in SBE all I see is Speed-Inch/Sec. and mine has 33.43 in it that is grayed out. (can't change it) This is in the Vinyl Size portion of the setup pop up box.

press the setup button on your cutter and you will see the espeed setting. and i also tried files other than the rockstar logo. i knew it was messed up to start with.

I can't speak for the espeed, but the Rockstar logo is fine.  I opened the .sbe file Mader posted, resized it only and cut it.  There are no errant nodes, etc.  It cut perfectly on my LP24.

Yuh i know Midwaste, i try to tell people that I don't just cut the Rockstar over and over and over lol. I do cut letters that are typed out in SBE. I pm'd Levi so we'll see what goes on tomorrow with this thing.

My 871 came today. It cuts great, no jagged lines...everything is perfect. I put it to a good test with several different fonts and a few graphics, including the RockStar graphic.

There might be a few bad cutters out there but I honestly don't think it's the cutter in general.

I can't speak for the espeed, but the Rockstar logo is fine.  I opened the .sbe file Mader posted, resized it only and cut it.  There are no errant nodes, etc.  It cut perfectly on my LP24.

Then the Refine cutters have a problem. I did NOTHING to the .sbe Mader posted (no resize, nothing) and it cut jagged. If you look close the corners have nodes stacked on each other. When I deleted these extra nodes to just one per corner it cleared it up. The LP24 may deal with stuff like this better than the refines, but the extra nodes are there and do cause a problem at least as far as my cutter goes.

But as far as cutting other files, mine does the same thing just not as noticeable. My buddy has an 871 and his cuts jagged just like Mader's. I'm not complaining about mine since it's not obvious, but we chose to buy lower end cutters and it looks like they put out lower end quality. Just need to buy higher quality I guess.

My buddy who works for American Electric Power came over today and tested my electric box outside, and everything checked out perfect. AEP crew is coming out tomorrow to test all the lines, and put a voltage recorder on the line and also check for interference on their end. How can I check for interference in my house?

Whatever is causing the interference it's gotta be throwing off a major signal to effect me and my neighbor 50 ft away.

Can an electrician come in and test the "area" in the house and outside the house for interference?

Actually thanks to the Digital Conversion you have a great detector already. An Analog TV under normal circumstances will spurt out a steady shush of white noise, if there is an interference then you should hear a wine or a yaaawoooo type sound. Before the digital conversion the signals would have been drowned out by harmonics from local stations but given there are so few around you may be lucky enough to hear  a signal or one of it's harmonics (when a sive wave interferes with a complimentary signal a second or multiple signal is created it's called a harmonic or inference pattern). But again that sounds like a shot in the dark At this point I'm very sure the problem is in the head not in the motors controlling the roller. :)

Guest sciondrgn

He meant what most refer to as the carriage, dont know if thats the official name but what i call it anyway  :)

Yeah, I don't know the nomenclature, I'm using terms from impact printers. For me the carriage is the entire assembly including the pinch rollers on top and bottom and PCB board , the head assembly includes the pen/blade holder and the metal bracket holding it. I believe the problem is isolated to just that  section, but there is a remote possibility the pinch rollers are not adjusted just right or they aren't rolling freely. I know the mh uses a two holder system, but the results are the same.

This has happened to 3 cutters and Prestons cutter, when Preston received his cutter back it worked perfectly. I had the same trouble at my neighbors house as well. I"m not thinking it's the cutters in a way, it may have to do with shielding in the cutter. Since it's a cheaper cutter it's not shielded at all, and something is interfering with the signal it's given. Not sure if this is right or now, since it does the same thing each time and not different things.

So if you think it's crappy shielding, why not try the poor man's shielding that lueman suggested a couple pages back and prove/disprove the theory.  If the AL foil fixes it then work with UScutter for real sheilds.  If it doesn't then sheilding isn't the problem.

(I'm a nobody, know nothing (except a little Electrical Engineering)  but I am in the pre-sales stage for an 871 right now and was ready to pull the trigger until this showed up.  My power in CO sucks.  Lots of blips and outages, so my concern has been raised.  And I need a cutter bad...otherwise I will have to hand cut the same 3 stencils for 15 helmets I am painting.)

:) Well Mader,

Just when ARE you going to bulldoze your darn house down to the ground so that fixes my MH871's cutting jaggies on angled straight line cuts ? ??

Please do so Quickly! So I can start cutting without all this darned interference your home is causing all the way too Chicago. :)

For some reason I want to call this Trogan, but it dosen't look anything like a horse ;D

Take the sailor hat of when running

post-4909-12986546663524_thumb.jpg

post-4909-12986546664343_thumb.jpg

post-4909-12986546665138_thumb.jpg

post-4909-12986546678513_thumb.jpg

post-4909-12986546679114_thumb.jpg

post-4909-12986546679689_thumb.jpg

I'm just wondering when you have sooo much rays in your house - that a simple cutting machine don't work right...

;D

...how much damage does it to you?;D

BannerJohn and I were thinking the same thing, hopefully it doesn't hurt me lol. So far neighbors I know of are in there 80's and no problems yet, they have lived here they're whole lives.

I just don't want to wrap the entire cutter in foil. I'll wrap the carriage and see if that works.

I'm still waiting to hear from Levi about the offer.

I bought it from the website, and Levi said he would work with me, so that I didn't have to pay shipping or restocking fee if I wanted to purchase the Copam.

Don't hold your breath on the free shipping. USCutter will waive the 20% restocking fee after you have paid round robin to ship two or three cutters back and forth and then paid a premium to upgrade to a working machine. I'm still waiting, on principle alone, for the $9.99 refund Howard promised would be included when I returned the 2nd LP24 for the Roland.

Given my experience (and obviously what you are going through), I'm not sure I would purchase the Copam. Still a bitter pill to swallow, but I would invest the additional funds in either the GraphTec or the Roland. I've been there and had to make the same decision. Any savings you would see in purchasing a lower quality unit have already been lost in shipping and more importantly your time and the frustration you have experienced.

Daddy-o

Let me know what you find out from Levi.

I too have had two motherboards and Levi is claiming a need a third. It is not User Error, grounding or anything my part. The MH series has major issues. Their lack of concern really crawls under your skin, bottom line you pay for something you expect it to work. Even if it is the least expensive item on the market.

If you can not not stand behind your product 100% you should not sell it. I will never buy anything from US Cutter again. Screw me once and I am done. I will not give you a second chance.

I just added to this instead of a new post. I thought ok, maybe it is my computer or software. I test the unit with Sign Blazer, Sign Cut, Flexi-8 and CoCut and had the same results of Jagged lines and freezing in the middle of a cut. I even installed on a computer running XP (I am running Vista) and still no luck.

I realize that you have a different size unit but we still have the same issues, mine seem to be worse. I am like you, I have read through everything I can find in this post and others and can not get this cutter to work properly.

My conversations is resulted in nothing but wanting to charge me more more for shipping and deposits for the same item that was just replaced. I am like the man that started all this, I do not feel I should have to incur any more charges for something I paid for already. I did not go on Ebay and pay for a refurbished machine, I bought a machine direct that was new and should work like I new one. Unlike the others in this thread I am loosing my patients very quickly.

Levi made the comment about sending out parts and units with out a deposit. How about the $369.00 I paid for the unit, is that not a deposit. You have my money and I have a unit that does not work. Who is getting the raw deal here? I would most definitely say it is not US Cutter.

While I feel for your problem, what incentive are you giving USCutter to help correct the situation if you have already proclaimed to never do business with them again? 

There are a large number of these cutters that ship out without problems and unfortunately there some legitimate problem units, but often there are complications caused by environment and user error.  I've had a problem Laserpoint 24 that I reluctantly returned and upgraded to a Graphtec.  That happened to be a very fortunate event for me because the Graphtec has served me far better than the Laserpoint ever could have and easily paid for itself in a short amount of time.

While I feel for your problem, what incentive are you giving USCutter to help correct the situation if you have already proclaimed to never do business with them again?

I am not taking sides here, but one reason companies don't want angry customers is that they tend to talk about their negative experiences quite a bit, possibly deterring others. This can have an exponential effect.

Like I said, not taking sides...but it's not just about the angry customer so much as the overall company rep. From what I have seen U.S. Cutter has tried to perform due diligence with most issues I've seen...hopefully you can get them to assist you if it's something they're responsible for.

I've posted about the problem I'm having but never posted a pic. I've had my MH721 for almost 2 years now so it's not a bad run of cutters. The funny thing is I've never noticed this until now. Don't know if I'm paying closer attention or just because I haven't done a lot of things that are angled. I'm in MS, long way from Mader and A&P so I would say that rules out the power grid & a bad run of cutters. Also other people are having the same issue. So that leaves 1) Refines are succeptable to interference or 2) Refines ALL do this to some degree for some unknown reason or 3) Virus of some type through a file (don't know enough to know if thats possible?)

Anyway, here are the pics of letters cut on my 721. These were angled, the ones on a right angle with the cutter did not do this.

post-1952-12986546857572_thumb.jpg

post-1952-12986546858104_thumb.jpg

post-1952-12986546869831_thumb.jpg

post-1952-12986546870183_thumb.jpg