MaderDesign

Received my 3rd cutter and still problems

Yeah i'm hoping USCutter will try to work something out and see if we can get a copam or roland to test here, may solve a lot of peoples problems in the long run. Including mine, who knows, they ship it to me, they may not get it back, they'll get the MH871 back and some cash to make up for the cost ;D

One major issue I see is that only one model of cutter has been tested in the problematic environment. I'm curious to see how a Copam, Roland or anything other than an MH does in the same workspace.

got my 25" and it was perfect. cutting in 20 minutes.

Sorry i live in columbus and want to help but im only 14 so i cant drive down there.

You can drive there, you just can't do it *legally*! LOL just kidding don't drive. Glad yer cutter is working great!

got my 25" and it was perfect. cutting in 20 minutes.

Sorry i live in columbus and want to help but im only 14 so i cant drive down there.

Re: Received my 3rd cutter and still problems

Spoke to James605, may be heading up tomorrow and taking my cutter with me, just depending on if something doesn't come up.

Mader we can talk about swapping all of your units for something higher end and testing like that. I have been waiting to see if anyone would offer to come down to your place with a Copam, Graphtec or Roland. I believe this is really the next step. Either that or we can put the cutter on a truck with the UPS and test every .25 miles from your house...

Guest fivestar

Mader we can talk about swapping all of your units for something higher end and testing like that. I have been waiting to see if anyone would offer to come down to your place with a Copam, Graphtec or Roland. I believe this is really the next step. Either that or we can put the cutter on a truck with the UPS and test every .25 miles from your house...

Levi don't take this the wrong way, but why in the world would your company be waiting on someone who has nothing to do with your company to go to Mader's house and troubleshoot his problem?  See this is what this company/forum has turned into.

I could see me selling someone a computer and it not working properly and telling my customer to have someone else bring a computer over to their house and have them try their's out to be sure it worked properly.  That's insane to me.

Fivestar what do you propose that I do? We have gone through just about everything we can think of and we have sent multiple cutters out to Mader to try and resolve this issue. At this point Mader knows his options and we are waiting to hear what he wants to do about this.

Guest fivestar

Fivestar what do you propose that I do? We have gone through just about everything we can think of and we have sent multiple cutters out to Mader to try and resolve this issue. At this point Mader knows his options and we are waiting to hear what he wants to do about this.

Since I am not associated with your company it doesn't matter what I would do.  I can promise you one thing though, it wouldn't be to wait on someone who has nothing to do with my company to try and troubleshoot his problem/ my product.

Here's something that's very interesting, your company sent out a cutter (laserpoint) to a forum member on another site that your company didn't know from Adam to do a "review" that person kept the cutter and never did do a review on it.  Now if your company is so willing to send out machines to complete strangers who have never spent a penny with you, then I'd think your company should be willing to send the same cutter (laserpoint) at least to a customer who has spent hundreds of $$$$ with you to see if it does it with that particular cutter.  You may actually learn something about how your cutters act in certain enviroments this way too.

Also remember there's ALOT of people watching this thread that I'm sure are waiting to see the final outcome of this before they spend any $$$$ with you.  So you can take that however you want.  I'm not saying to send out a cutter to every person on this forum, but damage control sometimes requires you to go "over and beyond" your normal way of doing business.

I really don't want this to turn into a fight or argument guys. US cutter has sent me a completely new cutter before, and the same cutter with new carriage to me as well. I was just asking to possibly send out a higher end out to me and test for past,present and future customers who have or may have problems such as my own. I know not many have the same problem as me, if any, but like me, I had to be the one who it happened to.

Fivestar I know you mean well, and I know Levi you do to as well. I just don't want you to think I'm complaining to try and get a higher end machine sent to me and stiff you. I'm just not that type of person. I figured Prestons would cut fine when he received it back.

Here's my thing, I really don't want to ship out another machine back to you guys, and have you send me a higher end unit to me and have the same problems and then be stuck with a machine that costs $700+ that does the same as my $350-$400 machine. Shipping is getting higher and higher with me doing this, as i've paid $30, $75, and $30 each time shipping cutters. I know this is in the guide lines and you have said that you will take care of shipping from now on. But I am dedicated to finding a solution for this problem. AEP never did come change my lines, so I'm waiting to hear back from them. But I'm willing to test machines, cheap, expensive anything that someone wants to bring over and see if it solves the problem. I was just asking USCutter to maybe send me a higher end unit to test and send back to solve this problem once in for all. But if you don't want to do that, then that is perfectly fine by me, I will not be mad.

US cutter has helped me a ton so far so I do not want to take away from them at all guys.

Levi is just following company policy. If you wanna yell at someone, yell at the right person. Levi is just doing his job.

That's not to me Banner is it?

no..I was just saying that levi is just not the one to fuss at. IN general,to everyone. he works hard trying to do the right thing under difficult circumstances. Kinda like trying to swim with a boat anchor tied to your foot.

Mader,

Let me ask you this.

Do you want to try another MH series cutter or something else? If something else, what cutter would you now choose to buy?

Well depends on what works, that will determine my price range. Like to told Levi on the phone, I don't want to go out and spend $2000 on a cutter for a business/hobby that doesn't turn out to much. I wanted to start off with a cutter that wouldn't break the bank, and then I would judge whether or not if I would buy a more expensive one and use the cheap one as a back up.

Thats the hard part here Mader. Absolutely no disrespect to you or USCutter, just trying to look at both sides here.

If you are on a budget and just using the cutter for hobby purposes, then.... be happy with what you have. Inexpensive cutter for the beginner or entry level.

If not then thats different. If you need it for business purpose and plan on using it daily to produce some commecial graphics, then you are going to have to spring for more cash for a more quality/advanced type machine.

You need to decide what it is you want and ask for it and go from there. USCutter can't keep sending machines out to you to you find one that works or satisfies your needs.

If you can spend more, by all means do so. Have them send you out a new cutter that is of the higher end quality and give you option to pay full price for it. I do think they should offer you at the very least a credit for the extra shipping charges you have paid.

Basically, decide what you want, tell them what you want. If you guys can not come to a meeting of the minds that are both comfortable with then get a refund and move on.

Just my .02. Not trying to step on anyone's toes here. Just my opinion.

Guest fivestar

I tried to help, but I guess I will let someone else who has a better business sense then me figure out your problem Mader.  Good luck with it and I hope you're cutting soon.

Mader I may be able to get the units shipped back to us on our account. You would still need to pay the shipping but the rate would be discounted. Please shoot me an email so that we can discuss logistics. At this point I am not sure how many cutters you have.. I will also need your address and all of that good stuff. Talk to you soon.

Levi, i only have 1 cutter. The first one you guys sent to me I shipped back and the carriage was replaced and sent back to me. Then, Brandon had a brand new cutter shipped to me from Illinois and I shipped the first one back to you, I have FedEx confirmed tracking that you received it. So that leaves me with the one from Illinois. I do not have any others now.

And Tekcorps. why should I settle for a cutter that cuts jagged just because I paid a lower price for it? Does that mean I should just ignore it doesn't cut straight? Be like me buying a car and just living with the fact I only paid $15k for it vs $35k and the heat not working. Sorry but I paid for a cutter that cuts straight.

And fivestar, by all means help this out, don't leave the thread, you've been a lot of help and I haven't forgot that. You have been here since the beginning as well as some others. I'm more than ears to hear from you, I just didn't wanna be caught in the middle of anything.