MaderDesign

Received my 3rd cutter and still problems

Satisfy my curiousity..if you aint able to cut...why are you asking for graphics?

I think he means he needs graphics/cutting/printing from them. :)

Satisfy my curiousity..if you aint able to cut...why are you asking for graphics?

Mader...this is a tricky one. If I were you I wouldn't give up. I would bring the cutter into the backyard or patio or to a nearby flat areas with the UPS...plug it in and test it. See how far you have to go before the problem stops. This will still tell you something,...that is, when the problem stops and how big the 'problem' area is.

It's the kind of thing where once you know, it's completely obvious...so the more you narrow down where the problem area is, the better (imho). What is the AEP thing you're referring to?

BannerJohn, i'm asking for graphics from James and Fivestar because they have wide format printers and I need something printed and laminated. They are the closest to me that are able to offer this to me.

Until then I've solved how to rotate some graphics to eliminate the diagonal cut and make it vertical. But still doesn't solve some. I can send you something and see what you think of how severe it is to your eye. Of course when you zoom in with a camera it's always worse.

NukleoN - AEP is American Electric Power, which is our Electric company. They are sending a truck out to test the outside lines and such and let me know if it's outside or inside. I'm going to take my Macbook Pro and cutter somewhere else and try cutting and see whats going on.

Heres the last logo I have cut

dsc02565av.jpg

(Biting my fingernails)......this is driving me nuts.  I keeping waiting for Mader to say...."Oh, here it is.  My dog chewed through the power cord"....or "I put the blade in upside down"....or something simple like that.  But I think he's eliminated EVERYTHING except something in the neighborhood electrical.   

I wish it was "omg i forgot to tighten the blade holder or some bs. but man, i've ran out of solutions. I'm leaving the Sprint Airave unplugged all night to drain any signal or output. And i'll try in the morning. But I have a feeling it's not gonna work. I also have a feeling it's not "airwaves" around me being put off that are screwing this thing up. No matter if I turn the letters or graphics it only does this at a certain angle of the cuts. It has to be in the electric or something being fed to the machine.

I'm not sure what to ask to be tested or what i'm even looking for. I'm gonna hope AEP finds something or tells me it's in the house. Then I will know where to look.

I can't imagine the electric service is the problem when you tried it on battery from the UPS

What a stumper

May I just say that you have the patience of JOB, I would have sent the cutter thru the window a few weeks ago. BOOOERNS to you for putting up with all of this.  I am physically upset after reading this thread, we should all get a collection together to at the very least buy you a Roland cutter or at the extreme end a new house! LOL!

Im blown away by the whole process, and would pay cold hard CASH to hear what the solution is.

If someone comes to my house and helps me, I would be more than gladly to throw in dinner and a movie. Pay for your gas or whatever lol. I mean I hope i'm being dumb and missing something so simple. But i know that i've checked each and every inch of this thing.

Anyone in for a road trip or just a couple of vinyl guys hanging out fixin a cutter? lol

Lets see....... Problem is not the cutter - Multiple (3) machines have produced the same result.

It's not the blade or blade holder - 'cause the plotter does the same darn thing.

It's not the cutting strip - Already been checked.

It's not the carriage - checked

It's not the feed rollers - again, multiple machines including one tested by USCutter

It's not the household current - acts the same when using UPS on battery power

It's not specific to Mader's house - does the same thing next door

It's not the vinyl - he's tested more than one type plus paper when plotting

Everything works when he uses the machine 10 miles away (at Grandma's house)

The only common denomiator is the model of machine, the location of the failed tests, and Mader......

It's not Mader since he was able to get good results at Grandma's.....

Not many other options to look at.....

Damn Dude....I'm lost and feel for you. :)

I did a "test" cut at my grandmas and couldn't see the jagged, i could be wrong or a fluke cut. But i didnt see or so my mind was telling me this.

I'm researching electrical interference. 

One forum suggested that a device (tv) that was ungrounded (2 prong plug) was simply plugged in with reverse polarity, causing humming sounds when using headphones, and lines on a computer screen.  When the plug was simply flipped (reversing the polarity), all was well.

I'll see what other simple solutions I can learn.

But that wouldn't explain why it does it with every outlet, and with the neighbors outlet. Ya know? I'm beginning to wonder if God hates me for having a cutter?

I've been in electronics a long time. if it was an electrical problem you would have a lot more serious problems. The simplest solution is usually the correct one. I still think the problem is you need a little bit of oil in the blade. Use the push pin push out the blade as far as you can without taking it out, clean it, then drop in a bit of oil. If you look at the angle of the blade you will realize the blade with skip in one direction if it's not running smoothly. Try it, you'll like it!

Lueman, it's probably not the blade since the machine duplicates the pattern when using the plotter pen as well.

A device can put interference into the household electrical.  Also, it can crossover to a neighbor's house.  So, it could be an electrical device anywhere in your house or the neighborhood.

I knew I had seen these before.  In the basement I keep a box of old wiring and charger cords and related "garbage".  I found 2 of them.  You probably have one sitting around the house somewhere.

I know for sure i dont have any of these, this house just got finished and moved in June, still working on minor things. But yuh, i'll def head down tomorrow to radio shack and pick these up. Where do you think I should put them? Near the outlet or close to the cutter?

The two items I have it on, are close to the device, not the outlet.  Probably doesn't make much difference though.

Radio Shack also has one for $3  :)