redrub04

Looking to buy the wax paper backing vinyl comes on by the roll.

Any place to buy the wax paper backing vinyl comes on?  I could have swore I seen it for sale somewhere but for the life of me I cant find it now.

Thanks,

Chris

Bumping up and I too would like to know.....I have never saw just the paper for sale!  :thumbsup:

Thanks!!

That Jeff really knows how to get a point across  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

There is such a thing as waxed butcher paper. Plenty of butcher paper on ebay CHEAP but most I checked didn't say waxed.

That Jeff really knows how to get a point across   :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You caught the link, right?

Nope , missed the period/comma until reading JoeDirt's post . I went back & found it .  :thumbsup:

I saw the link above for the parchment paper. Can someone chime in, who has used it? I was wondering if the transfer tape sticks well enough to it,to ship. I'm currently cutting decals, and the client would also like the inside portion of the design, that I would normally weed out and throw away.

Or, If anyone happens to know where to purchase the same mil wax backing,that would be helpful too.

I saw the link above for the parchment paper. Can someone chime in, who has used it? I was wondering if the transfer tape sticks well enough to it,to ship. I'm currently cutting decals, and the client would also like the inside portion of the design, that I would normally weed out and throw away.

Or, If anyone happens to know where to purchase the same mil wax backing,that would be helpful too.

I just save some of the stuff that's leftover after bigger projects are done.

I don't use it often, but every once in a while having that plain backing paper comes in handy.

By the way, no, the app tape doesn't stick to it particularly well (which, of course, is the entire point) so if I have a small decal I will staple the corners of the transfer tape to the backing paper to prevent it from separating/curling.

Thank you for the info Slice.

I tend to keep large sheets that are leftover as well. Of course, now I don't have any when I need it. I think I'll buy a roll and do as you said, and staple the edges.

I just use a couple pieces of cello tape on the ends to keep the decal together,  I ship everything here,,,clear up to 16 ft. Works great

Hmm, I ordered the wax paper from the site posted. There is no way I can use this stuff for decals. It's extremely thin and decals won't stick to it, at all. Does anyone know where to order actual vinyl backing? In the meantime, anyone need some super thin sheets of wax paper?

I thought it was silicon coated, not wax coated paper that vinyl is on, but I could be wrong...

Nope, I was right...

post-24492-0-69181200-1456797504_thumb.p

• Like 2

I used wax a little loosely,and I would assume it would still work.  but they are not all silicone either....clay coated also.  I use  General Formulations  CC500  Or called Shinerite, Endura Gloss and many other names, etc.   

Construction: 3.0 mil polished flexible calendered vinyl with 200-5000, permanent acrylic pressure sensitive adhesive laminated to a 78# clay coated liner.

http://www.generalformulations.com/cuc500.asp

Some of the Avery vinyls also have 78# clay coated liner. 

I've seen several people on the Facebook craft groups suggest using wax paper in place of parchment paper for heat pressing, and/or for a temporary backing for rhinestone transfers or HTV after weeding.   The wax in wax paper can crumble and come loose, so I always tell people that if you use wax paper, hopefully you don't mind having wax melted into your t-shirts - maybe not every time, but it is gonna happen...

And heat press rhinestones have such a small surface area, do you really want to risk having them pop off because of tiny wax particles interfering with the bond because you were too lazy to run to WalMart and buy parchment paper?

post-24492-0-27311300-1456849875_thumb.j

I'm not using the wax paper for heat press. I'm using it for vinyl that is two colors. I need the extra paper to transfer the vinyl.

I was referencing for sign vinyl also. It was a reply for member  Brandiland, who wanted it. but it does not look like they are members here anymore...Can't click their name.   

Yes, Brandiland is me. My account got banned, because someone sent me a bunch of spam messages in Russian. I reported it, and the next thing I know, I'm blocked. Anyway, I'm now using this account.

Oh,, well I was replying to your message about sign vinyl.  I don't know where he came up with HTV vinyl..