Sign in to follow this  
arhash

sign cut crash on MAC OS 10.4.10

MAC G5 tower (non intel)

Refine 751 cutter

Keyspan serial adaptor

sooooo.  I just got a mac after being a LONG time PC user.  My job requires me to be a MAC guy and the only reason I was holding off was because a certain 3D software package that has now been released for MAC has been released. Sooooo I switched.  After getting my Keyspan serial adaptor and changing the baud rate to 4800 and doing some minor things like removing the rug under the cutter and grounding the machine I keep having a problem with SignCut crashing. If I export from illustrator and import into SignCut and just immediately send it to cut it does fine.  If I add any additional weeding lines It just completely crashes.  It is the weirdest thing because it was working just fine about a week ago and now all of a sudden...crash.  I wonder if this has to do with OS software updates that I installed?  If anyone can help that would be great? -Arthur 

There are a few illustrator issues, one is guidelines, if you are using them please clear them before sending to Signcut. Second what releas of your operating system are you using and what subrelease of signcut and what version of illustrator? We have a new update about to be released for the mac but it probably won't be ready until friday.

In the meantime lets try a few workarounds, try saving your file as an older version of illustrator like version 10 ai, save it to the signcut/import folder and then click on import in signcut and report what happens.

Guest garysigndesign

arhash,

Are you still having problems with the SignCut program? If so please contact me at my email garysigndesign@yahoo.com  I believe that I might have some information that will solve some of your problems. Thank you.  Garysigndesign out...

upgraded to the newest version of SignCut and everything seems to be working fine now.  I am going to upgrade to leopard soon (cross you fingers)

We are currently working on Signcut for leopard, if you upgrade before we are ready and have problems please let us know. Weshould be ready with a stable leopard release shortly.

when you do upgrade,my advice is archive and install...don't just do an upgrade.

So far leopard works fine, please try on your machine and let us know if you need any help.