Sign in to follow this  
MARLEYBUSH

Puter and pcut not conversing

Greetings, I'm a newbie and have read through the discussions and tried this and that but still can't get things going. Have a new PCut and the standard Signblazer Elements. When I first followed the install instructions and put the disc into the drive, windows responded with a popup that asked if I would like to load music onto the disc. (there are no files of any sort in que). Closed that popup and connected the cutter via usb. No new hdwe wiz appeared. Have since checked baud rates and many of the suggestions listed in the forum to no avail. Before I embarass myself and hire some 10 yearold to wizz through it, I thought I'd poll the group for similar problems and hopefully a solution. The cutter itself runs up just fine and cuts the little test rectangle. Would appreciate any help.

The disc thing worries me. You need that usb driver for the computer to connect via USB, Try downloading the driver from the US cutter site:  http://support.uscutter.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=view

Once you download and install,the comp should see the cutter.

Post back and tell us what happens

Marleybush again,

Don't know that my last message landed so I'll repeat. I hired a 16 yearold and he had things straightened out in 5 minutes. Takes a new mind and perspective sometimes. Don't know what to add abo ut the software. When he was poking around it did the same thing - wanted to download music onto the disc. Maybe some quirk specific to my computer since I do process hundreds of music files. I appreciate the responses and will be back in the future once I get up to speed to see if I can be of assistance.

Thanks again

Marleybush

glad you got it working.

I get $35 for the first half hour,$20 per half hour after that,when I work on computers. I hope he didn't over charge you.

BannerJohn,

I traded out with him. I'll cut him a couple graphics to paste on his pickup truck that he's building up over the next couple years tillhe gets his license. I probably got the better ned of the deal, but everyone's happy.

Thanks again.

MarleyBush

I read some more posts and messed with the baud rate.  didn't change it but pushed some buttons on machine while in baud.  somehow it did what i needed?:thumbsup:??  worked on first cut. go to bed and try again tomorrow.