Sign in to follow this  
ajgarber70

what would be a good price

i just made this up practicing he said he gets them made up in orders of about 50 at a time. it is 3 layers silver grey metallic,black and then chrome. he said he was paying $25 each before and wanted me to make him some up because the other place was selling out. i was thinking maybe $15-$20 each??? all together it's a 9x17 thanks...

post-4136-12986545796941_thumb.jpg

post-4136-12986545811348_thumb.jpg

I'd say 20 a piece.

That $250 less then he was paying before for 50 of them.

I think $20 sounds fair for them.

How many can you do in a hour? that will be the big question as to what to charge.

Deff get them printed up. It will save you from getting possibly more layered orders and killing yourself. This way you can see how much it costs you, send it to a printer and make profit easier.

Print 'em. save you some time and headaches. you can bring the cost down for your client and make some scratch too!

One sticker reads, 'cookeville' and another reads 'cookevill'. Which is it?

Looks good. Those are expensive vinyls and you're doing 3 layers. I'd try to keep your prices similar to the other one but slightly undercut to get the job.

it's cookeville.. lol. i noticed my mess up after i made it. but it was just a practice cut.the only thing i aint mastered at this sticker is the back layer the template also has the letters cut with it just the l and s in loftis and un and nd in underground. i have tryed welding it and everything but it just messes up stuff. any one know how to do that part? thanks

it's cookeville.. lol. i noticed my mess up after i made it. but it was just a practice cut.the only thing i aint mastered at this sticker is the back layer the template also has the letters cut with it just the l and s in loftis and un and nd in underground. i have tryed welding it and everything but it just messes up stuff. any one know how to do that part? thanks

not quite understanding what you mean by this but if you'll send me the eps or an SB file I'll be glad to take a look at it for you

i am being nice because he sponsors my uncle on his racecar and in return my uncle got me the job it's sorta like all 3 of us are helping each other out and still getting what we all want. see what I'm saying. i bought this cutter to letter up my racecar and doing that it pays for it's self. so this 1 job on the side 50 stickers at $20 each is $1,000 bucks so i look at it this way i spent $400 on my cutter and did not have to pay anyone $300 to letter my car up plus i can make some money at it to it's a win win situation.

if you're giving them the "friends" price, then that's fine.  but it's a poor business practice to undercut yourself for no reason. so i'm glad you have a reason to give them a discount.