brian08

cp-2500 windows 7

i have gotten it work....  I had to use xp mode which is a xp virtual machine running on windows 7. I would rather not have to do that maybe someone will write a new driver for it.

What cutting program are you using? Seems like it would be a function of the drivers used by that program.  I am using VinylMaster Pro 2.95 - not sure if it works, but I have heard the new version 3 does great with Win7-- it's not out as far as I know - been on the "any day now" release schedule for over a yeart I think.-- I have a CP-2500 - but still using XP - wondering what will be the problem using Win7

-Mike

Considering that Windows 7 has not yet been officially released, you're probably going to have to run in XP mode for now.  You'll probably have better luck with the driver support once Windows 7 is released.

just purchase a cheap good condition xp on Ebay or somewhere,  less problems,  I just bought a second xp laptop for backup.  XP runs so much smoother.  

hmmm  what's the bump for?  ;D they are already running them on windows 7  sucessfully, and drivers are in the support area, just do a search for windows 7

Yes I have been there to that and I have search for Windows 7 in this area to no avail.  I was wondering if you could point to the correct driver itself.  I saw no one else had posted a driver that is why I bumped it.  Thanks for all your help.

J

it is there on the left in the middle, isn't that what you are wanting?

FTDI Driver executable XP/Vista/7

FTDI Driver manual install (XP/Vista/7)

okay question? Do i have to install another driver for the cutter itself other than this driver for windows 7? I installed the executable win 7 driver and after I hooked up the plotter it says no driver installed for this usb device. Do i still nee prolific driver on laptop for cutter?

okay question? Do i have to install another driver for the cutter itself other than this driver for windows 7? I installed the executable win 7 driver and after I hooked up the plotter it says no driver installed for this usb device. Do i still nee prolific driver on laptop for cutter?

Got it figured out