krys10g

Over cut on the Graphtec?

Hi everyone,

I have the Graphtec CE5000 and I am very new to this. I was doing decals with little thin letters and I was having the hardest time weeding it. The letters kept sticking to my tweezers and to the parts of the letter that I was trying to weed.

Someone suggested to me (that has a different brand of cutter) to turn the over cut on and that helps with small letters. I can't find that option and didn't know if my machine even has that. I use Corel as my software.

Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated it!

Kristen

I assume you mean the vinyl? (Told you I was new at this!) I am using Oracal 651.

Thanks for your help!

I assume you mean the vinyl? (Told you I was new at this!) I am using Oracal 651.

Thanks for your help!

your offset should be at 0  zero  in Cutting Master

UPDATE : This should have read  GRAPHTEC  CUTTING CONTROLLER  I apologize for the error.

The CE5000 does have an overcut setting. It will be under the Condition option settings for your tools. I run a FC8000-75 but the settings are the same. Usually the overcut is to make slight continuous pass across the starting point and the ending point of the graphic to assure that the path is closed. I set mines to .04 or .08, this usually works for me.

"your offset should be at 0  zero  in Cutting Master"

I am not seeing an offset setting in Cutting Master. I have gone through every tab (File, Edit, Setup, View, and Help) and I don't see an option for offset.

I am feeling like such an idiot about this. ARGH! :o:thumbsup:

"The CE5000 does have an overcut setting. It will be under the Condition option settings for your tools. I run a FC8000-75 but the settings are the same. Usually the overcut is to make slight continuous pass across the starting point and the ending point of the graphic to assure that the path is closed. I set mines to .04 or .08, this usually works for me."

The condition setting I see under "enable driver options" only allows you to choose 1 through 8. Is that what you are talking about? It doesn't let you type in anything but whole numbers.

I greatly appreciate your help.  :thumbsup:

I finally found the offset! I was looking in the software and it is on the actual cutter....geez! I have mine set at zero.

What do you normally have your quality set on? Mine is on 2 and I wondered if that was okay.

Thanks to everyone for your help!

Thanks for your help!

your offset should be at 0  zero  in Cutting Master

UPDATE : This should have read  GRAPHTEC  CUTTING CONTROLLER   I apologize for the error.

I wrote the wrong word,,    Sorry,  It should have been CUTTING CONTROLLER,  this is the  software that controls the adjustments to your cutter from your keyboard,  the offset ,and force, speed, and other adjustments

post-3093-12986545802329_thumb.jpg

post-3093-12986545815091_thumb.jpg