cbracing

Scanning an Image

I need to know how to get an image that I scan or copy to transfer an image to my cutter. It says that no bitmap image can be cut.  Any suggestions?

Thanks

your scanned image will need to be vectorized. vectorization is the process where an image is converted into a format recognized by the cutter software.  to do that you will need a graphics program such as corel, AI, Flexi, or Inkscape. each of these programs have functions to accomplish this task. afterwards your image can be sent your cutter.  daniel t

Import the bitmap into signblazer...at the top menu,click on IMAGE,then MODE and chose MONOCHROME... then VECTORIZE. That's all there is to it in Signblazer.

YOu will get a message about not being able to cut bitmaps,just ignore it. That's because the bitmap is still there under the vectorized image. It will only cut the vectorized image. Of course you can delete the original bitmap and not get that message.

I went to the menu, set to monchrome, it said choose level, I chose 50 one time then 85 a second. Both times it said contained bitmap image.........slightly perplexing........

Both times it said contained bitmap image.........slightly perplexing

I am assuming when you say "contained bitmap image" is when you select cut. That is normal, when you vectorise a image Sign Blazer will leave the original bitmap for reference in case you need to clean it up. You can still go ahead and cut the image.