Sign in to follow this  
flash_design

Cutting decals/stickers

Hello,

I have a question about manually cutting out decals or stckers. Say you have a client that wants 500 stickers of their logo sized around 3x4". After you cut these on the plotter how would you cut these up into 3x4" pieces? Is there another cutting machine that does this? What do sign shops use to slice up the stickers. Is there a way to set the weeding box pressure? That would be excellent if the weeding box would cut with slightly more pressure. Then you would have 500 stickers cut out at the same size... hmm bit confused. Any insight is greatly appreciated.

I have a refine 1351 , software is inkscape and signcut.

I use a big paper cutter. Slow but a lot faster than a pair of scissors. If you're gonna be in the biz,you need a nice paper cutter. Harbor Freight has a few for not too much money.

Guest sciondrgn

Seond the paper cutter. I have a smaller one that works great for making quick work and cutting nice clean lines when doing multiple decals

I know, kind of lame ... do you guys use the huge ones with the arm, or a rotary one (like the Fiskars)?

call me old fashioned but I use the big one with the arm. I find it easier and faster and I can go for years before sharpening the blade. Once you get used to it, you can fly like the wind.

I use a metal straightedge and exacto knife for square or rectangular stickers. i also have a rotary cutter and can cut circles from 1 inch up to 20 inches. Dt

Thank you for all your replies.

I do have a 24" paper cutter that I bought off of eBay. Unfortunately, as with most "too good to be true" deals it's not square :- . Thanks for the idea Banner John, I have a Harbor Freight warehouse near me so I'll have to stop in there and see what they have this weekend. I was really hoping there was some setting for cutting pressure of the weeding box oh well ;D