American And Proud

Anyone own this vinyl rack? I want to weld one up and wanted its measurements.

A friend of mine owns a machine shop so I can get the steel stock pretty reasonable, he has racks and racks of stock on hand.

I can make it without the dimensions but if someone has this rack I would appreciate some bigger pics with measurements please.

Looks to be 3 rectangles of 3/4" square stock?

What size are the rectangles?

On the Tall rectangle, whats the spacing for the 2 extra bars?

And what size and spacing are the Loops that hold the vinyl rolls?

I have looked at it on a few vendors sites and see its screwed together I will just mig weld mine.

Thanks

post-5921-12986545508575_thumb.jpg

post-5921-12986545523372_thumb.jpg

Guest crshirts

some dims probably not what you need tho.

Carl

This Orca floor standing storage rack holds 44 rolls of vinyl or pre-mask up to 36" x 50 yard rolls. Attractive ultra strong design with a durable powder coat finish. Made in America and is easy to assemble. Rack dimensions when assembled: 75" x 30" x 9".

I don't have the same rack, but maybe these numbers will help....

On my small rack, the stock is 3/4", the piece that holds the vinyl roll is 1/4" round stock bent into a u shape, like the one in the photo.  They are 3" wide at the base, they are 15" long.

These are attached to the base on 6" centers in each direction.

Thanks for the replies .

crs,

I have those thanks.

kc,

Thanks those will help some if I need to make it up as I go.

Shouldn't be too hard to make just thought someone here would have one of these racks.

Footprint looks small and will hold 44 rolls, small is Good for my alocated work area here.

Thanks again.

Well I did find a PDF assembly instructions thats very informative on putting together this rack with all dimensions shown for each piece.

I found the rack on SIGNWarehouse.com for $175.00.

That was the lowest price I could find it so after thinking about all the work the materials and my times worth I decided just go ahead and order it from SignWarehouse. :)

Thanks for all the replies with pics of your racks, never know I may need them as I add on. :)

I MADE ONE LAST WEEK FOR ABOUT $10 BUCKS I WENT TO TSC AND BOUGHT 3 OUTSIDE TOMATO STICKS FOR .98 CENTS EACH THEY ARE 4 FEET TALL WITH 1/2 HOLES ALREADY IN THEM EVERY 6 INCHES APART AND WENT TO ACE HARDWARE AND BOUGHT SOME 48'' LONG 1/2 DOWEL STICKS AND CUT THEM IN HALF AND STUCK THEM IN THE HOLES TO HANG MY VINYL ON AND I JUST CUT 2 2X4'S 20'' LONG 1 ON TOP AND 1 ON BOTTOM AND SCREWED THE STICKS TO THEM WORKS GREAT FOR $10 BUCKS HERE IS SOME PICTURES

post-4136-12986546606203_thumb.jpg

post-4136-12986546606559_thumb.jpg

post-4136-12986546626482_thumb.jpg

post-4136-12986546626743_thumb.jpg

I found the rack on SIGNWarehouse.com for $175.00.

That was the lowest price I could find it so after thinking about all the work the materials and my times worth I decided just go ahead and order it from SignWarehouse

Feller's will meet the price and ship for free.