darkdezigns

2nd paying job..

just did,put stipes on wet,but omg on the sharp curves???,vinyl is oracal 651,but how the $%^& do u get the stripes to lay flate on parts like the rear bumper,which had a light curve to it as well as the sharp up an over bend?no matter which way it creased on me?

SDC10324.jpg

width=800 height=600http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff307/donna123shoping/SDC10320.jpg[/img]

width=800 height=600http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff307/donna123shoping/SDC10321.jpg[/img]

It looks great from here. You must have managed to get them down.

Jay

Not sure why people still put stripes on their cars lol. But looks good for what you did. Try a heat gun to help you out.

heat gun would have helped and also that's why they make 751 vinyl, for curves  ;D

Not sure why people still put stripes on their cars lol. But looks good for what you did. Try a heat gun to help you out.

I have people buy stripes and vehicle graphics for alot of reasons.  one guy's son stole his  2008  Malibu  while it was in the kids possesion.  the car got keyed on both sides.   Hmmmm  his decision,, he did not report the kid to police.  now  pay $1500 for a paint job.  or apply large side graphics  for $100..   Yes, he choose the graphics.   alot of people apply stripes/graphics to hide defects. and alot of people of course just think it makes their car stand out and be cool...

Well i'm doubting they are hiding something from the looks of the car, with the Chanel emblems and vinyl on it already ;D

Couple cars can pull off the stripes, old Camaros, and of course the 35th Anniversary Edition Camaro that the stripes fade into the checkered flags ;D

cheers guys,not my thing,but they paid me lol,but seriously the curves,so,how do i do it,apply wet,get one bit of a panel done,heat up,then once that is ok heat next bit and stretch?

Guest kenya

Job looks great...... I get much better results with 751 also.

It's High Performance Cast. Goes over all shapes & curves much better that 651.

WOW Chanel makes a car?  :thumbsup:;D

I love the Chanel No.5 perfume.... it's one of my favorites.  ;D

Oracal 651 is quality, but for contour-fit on cars (such as those stripes) I wouldn't use anything but cast vinyl (Oracal 751 or 951 cast premium). The reason is, the cast vinyl doesn't have a 'memory' and will lay much better than regular 651 calendared vinyl, and will fit those nooks, crannies and sharp bends much better. It's also got a whopping 12 year outdoor life. Expensive, but worth it for this kind of application.

For any other type of decal on a car which doesn't need to fit a contour, 651 is excellent.