JGF

Drawing contains a bitmap?

I'm attempting to cut this but I keep getting a message stating "THE DRAWING CONTAINS A BITMAP. ONLY OTHER OBJECT WILL BE CUT AND THE BITMAPS WILL NOT BE CUT."  I've attached a picture of the item I'm attempting to cut and very frustrated because I've cut this same item before, accidently deleted it and did it over again only to have this happen now. I can see what the bitmaps are, they're the centers of letters that should be hollowed out for example A's & D's.

Can someone clue me in on what the heck I'm doing wrong, and hopefully it's an easy fix. Thanks in advance.

post-4770-12986545446797_thumb.jpg

post-4770-12986545468085_thumb.jpg

Did you turn it to a vector file? It may just have the original .bmp of .jpg imge still there. It will still cut what is vector it is just telling you it can't cut .bmp's. The cutouts may just be a different color. Check to see if white is showing in the cut window too.

Jay

I've come across the same issue before and have not been able to figure out the answer. I used P/shop to convert a jpg to an eps, but get the same 'this contains bitmap' warning. I'm sure it is an issue of an analogue brain operating in a digital age. Would there be someone with the wisdom and kindness to help out please?

I've come across the same issue before and have not been able to figure out the answer. I used P/shop to convert a jpg to an eps, but get the same 'this contains bitmap' warning. I'm sure it is an issue of an analogue brain operating in a digital age. Would there be someone with the wisdom and kindness to help out please?

this is usually the case

It may just have the original .bmp of .jpg image still there

Can someone please walk me through this mess I've created. I'm still getting this pop-up message "THE DRAWING CONTAINS A BITMAP. ONLY OTHER OBJECT WILL BE CUT AND THE BITMAPS WILL NOT BE CUT." When I go to the "cutter" screen my letters are not hollowed out where they should be as shown in pictures attached. I ended up deleting the image from my saved file and importing it again from "my pictures" I went into SBE and think I vectorised the image and am in the process of editing the nodes, but it's still showing the letters being solid where there should be cut-outs. I am so frustrated with this only because about two months ago I was able to actually cut this logo correctly, but then had a blonde moment and deleted the file from my saved work. I need to get this logo printed by tomorrow so I can press them on shirts. Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me.

post-4770-12986545453033_thumb.jpg

post-4770-1298654547246_thumb.jpg

Can someone please walk me through this mess I've created. I'm still getting this pop-up message "THE DRAWING CONTAINS A BITMAP. ONLY OTHER OBJECT WILL BE CUT AND THE BITMAPS WILL NOT BE CUT." When I go to the "cutter" screen my letters are not hollowed out where they should be as shown in pictures attached. I ended up deleting the image from my saved file and importing it again from "my pictures" I went into SBE and think I vectorised the image and am in the process of editing the nodes, but it's still showing the letters being solid where there should be cut-outs. I am so frustrated with this only because about two months ago I was able to actually cut this logo correctly, but then had a blonde moment and deleted the file from my saved work. I need to get this logo printed by tomorrow so I can press them on shirts. Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me.

www.inkscape.org  is a much better program to vectorize in  and it is a free software.  plenty of help in the inkscape thread and videos to walk you right thru it.    You attach a file at the bottom of the message box,  where it says ADDITIONAL OPTIONS

Can you post the signBlazer file with your .eps already in it? It would be more help.

OK..I got this, but how do  I get rid of the grey & white background?

did you try the 2  files I converted for you?

Hi,

Yes I did get the two files you sent, how do I import them into SBE. I know you're thinking geez what an airhead, but I am so lost at this point and frustrated. Back in August I was able to cut this Jakes logo and it came out perfect, but then I accidently deleted it and ever since then I've been going downhill.

I downloaded them into "my pictures", but when I open SBE /file/import they don't show up.

OK I have them in SBE, but when I select it on the screen and then click on "cutter" the screen showing the item to be cut has nothing but a little blue square and no image to be cut at all.

what is the title of the file,?  because there was one listed there  (that was not mine),  that is a bad file and that is what it looked like,    a square,  the rest was not vectorized.  it is the one that says how do  I get rid of the grey and white background..  that is not a good file. 

Speedoggy and everyone else who has offered advice and knowledge Thank you very much for all your help you all are terrific. I am just too frustrated to attempt anymore. I've been sitting here for most of the day and am ready to throw this copam out in the trash. I think I'm going to have to go back to the very beginning and start completely over. Like I said before I did cut this logo out back in August and it came out perfect, is there anyway I can retrieve a file from SBE that was deleted, and start from there? If not how can I delete everything that I've imported into SBE and start with a clean slate.

only thing I know is to do a  search of all your  SBE  files in your computer and see if it is there.  Click  Start button..    search > enter what you want ,  search  c drive, docs and files or where  ever you put it.  that's all I know