ASD123

Vinyl on t-shirts peal after wash

Need help resolving an issue I am having with my t-shirts. I am using siser vinyl on pre-washed shirts and using heat press at 350 degrees. After wash and drying, the lettering peals off.. Am I missing a key step in ensuring the vinyl sticks on the shirt? Please Help!!!! :-[

are you pre-pressing teh shirts to remove moisture before applying at 305 for 20 seconds?

Well, I am new to this and I have adjusted the temp and found that at 350, my vinyl sticks. I have also adjusted the press to where it is pressing as firm as possible. I will try adjusting the temp again to see if that will resolve my issue. I have heard about putting a piece of Teflon between the press and the vinyl.. Would that make a difference? I will also heat press the shirts to try and remove moisture to see if that makes a difference. Will post results later today, wish me luck...

Guest fivestar

Never heard of that press.  Sounds like a chinese made press so I would get an infared thermometer and check your upper platen's temperature.  Sounds like it's not heating properly.

350 Deg is way over temp.

Also make sure you are in F and not C

What I do is 18 Sec at 320 , peel backing off and then repress with teflon sheet for 4 sec to ensure nothing loosened  during peeling.

Pressure at max on the press.

We havent had any vinyl peel off in over a year using this method.

I use a sgweegie to press across my image and it seems to work great.  I would tell you that  increasing heat in increments works too!!!

Pressure..........If your confirm your temps are right you need more pressure. What I found with my Chinese press was that to get the appropriate pressure, I basically have to bottom out the springs on top of the platen to get the right amount of impression into the shirt.

Kevin

Guest fivestar

Yea, Throw it away and get a good one

ROFLMAO.......I was writing the exact same thing.

Don't give up yet-  I had the same problem and stumbled across my problem.  I found that the aluminum base was slightly warped and the front and back touched before the middle did- so any amount of pressure wan't going to get the center (the part you need) to have good pressure.  You can easily test this by taking a good quality carpenters square and placing it on the base (after removing the pad) and see if you have any gaps.  Since I don't have tools to file down aluminum, what I did was place a 11x11 inch 1/4 inch thick square of wood paneling under my 15x15 inch pad in the center.  The ensures that the center (where I place the vinyl) will have the greatest pressure.  Eventually I will just replace the press but this is what my issue was.  I completely understand your pain and frustration!!!!  I was just convinced that it was NOT possible to get a good stick with vinyl.  Now I know better.

-Jeff